Volunteering Work

Beth
Beth Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi,

I've been asked to prepare the accounts for submission to Companies House for a Residents Association and possibly a Scouts Group!

Firstly, I didn't even know that these types of groups had to register as companies and submit accounts to Companies House. Secondly I don't know where to start!

Did we ever cover anything like this in our studies? Does anybody do anything similar or can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Beth

We didnt cover any no profit business in any of our studies i would be honest with the person that asked you to do this and advise the to contact an accountant about these as not having any experience or first hand knowleadge of these.
  • Beth
    Beth Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    It's basically a treasury function. It's not a legal requirement for them to have the statements done by a qualified person so they're not going to waste money in hiring an accountant. I'm pretty sure it's a basic P&L statement. In what module did we cover companies house?

I'm sure it's simple but I just wondered if anybody else does anything similar?
Privacy Policy