Major Panic Setting In

Options
tigger37
tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
I am seriously starting to freak out now!! I am doing practice exams and cannot seem to remeber anything let alone analyze the information. PEV and PCR are my final 2 exams and the last thing I want to do is freak out on the day and fail them. Helllllllllllppppp!!

Comments

• Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I'm in the same boat:(
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I am seriously starting to freak out now!! I am doing practice exams and cannot seem to remeber anything let alone analyze the information. PEV and PCR are my final 2 exams and the last thing I want to do is freak out on the day and fail them. Helllllllllllppppp!!

Me too, and same 2 exams PEV/PCR (last 2, like you) - I STILL can't remember the fixed overhead variances properly. I'm doing another paper now and re-writing all the formulas again!

I'm doomed!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I would like to say stop panicking and I'm sure you will all be fine, but I have just dropped all my confidence by making the most stupid mistakes over and over again. (calculating the cost of sales and completely forgetting to add the opening or deducting the closing stock...)

Hopefully it will all not be so bad and we will all be fine!

Take a break, take a deep breath, get a good class of wine/ beer whatever takes your fancy and try again tomorrow?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    what is it about them fixed overheads? i have light blub moments but they dont last
  • Jimmyboy1888
    Jimmyboy1888 Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    I would like to say stop panicking and I'm sure you will all be fine, but I have just dropped all my confidence by making the most stupid mistakes over and over again. (calculating the cost of sales and completely forgetting to add the opening or deducting the closing stock...)

Hopefully it will all not be so bad and we will all be fine!

Take a break, take a deep breath, get a good class of wine/ beer whatever takes your fancy and try again tomorrow?
    I've forgot the inventories all together, twice ! That's pretty basic stuff - think the nerves must be kicking in.
    Going to watch second half of the footy. 1-1 for any interested parties.
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    OMG! I was planning on at least another 3 past PEV papers tonight, &4 tomorrow. Everthing's going completely to pot - what was my best subject & was just 'common sense' last December has been completely lost by spending too much time on DFS.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    OMG! I was planning on at least another 3 past PEV papers tonight, &4 tomorrow. Everthing's going completely to pot - what was my best subject & was just 'common sense' last December has been completely lost by spending too much time on DFS.
    I'm sorry, but to me it sounds like you really should just take a break, maybe an hour, maybe an evening and then go back to it!

And yes, I'm aware that's easier said then done, but watch the rest of the footy if that has your fancy or go for a walk or something to get away from those books for a bit!
  • tigger37
    Options
    I've forgot the inventories all together, twice ! That's pretty basic stuff - think the nerves must be kicking in.
    Going to watch second half of the footy. 1-1 for any interested parties.
    U have to admit, my country held the English off pretty well :D
    USA USA USA USA...lol
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    U have to admit, my country held the English off pretty well
    USA USA USA USA...lol

ooo your going to be so popular on here now :lol:
  • tigger37
    Options
    lol
    I was actually pretty neutral throughtout the whole game, but I was happy to see my country level it. The England team I think thought they were gonna slaughter us.
    It was only down to a pretty good keeper on the US side that England didn't get more of their shots in.
  • tigger37
    Options
    I am starting to settle down now................just did Jun07 Paper and except for a few minor things, seemed to do ok on it. Now for this calm feeling to continue!
  • aimeexox
    aimeexox Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I am actually panicing about pev :|... I can do the variances and the ratios but all the additional data stuff just goes right over my head!!! Anything could come up... anything at all!!!! I really don't like costing. Rant over....
  • Beth
    Beth Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Is everyone else working this week on the days they don't have exams like I am :-s

Don't know if that was a good idea now!!!
  • SugarPuff
    SugarPuff Registered Posts: 12 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I am working all week and only just started revision this weekend for DFS..... my own fault i know!! Rock on thursday afternoon when its over i will be having late nights untill then!
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I am working this week when I don't have exams! Have BTC and PTC. Might take Weds off to concentrate on PTC though!
  • davidg
    davidg Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    dont panic, you wont take info in if your brain is in a panic, just do the past papers in a quiet environment and you'll be fine.
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    how do you make your brain stop doing stupid things wrong in BTC?
  • anniem
    Options
    how do you make your brain stop doing stupid things wrong in BTC?

You can't. Mine does them in PEV too! It's like cartwheels, isn't it - spinning out of control.
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I started to panic a bit but told myself its not worth it, if I fail so what, it's not the end of the world, and December's not that far away
  • Primble
    Options
    anniem wrote: ยป
    You can't. Mine does them in PEV too! It's like cartwheels, isn't it - spinning out of control.

i done a btc test and completly missed the fact it was an associate so the bands needed splitting into two. even though i remember reading it
  • anniem
    Options
    I think that's why it's important to go back and re-read the question once you've answered it.

Then you can cross out your last answer and re-do it all over again! Fun eh?

Who needs tippex anyway - have they banned marker pens for blocking out?
  • Primble
    Options
    anniem wrote: ยป
    I think that's why it's important to go back and re-read the question once you've answered it.

Then you can cross out your last answer and re-do it all over again! Fun eh?

Who needs tippex anyway - have they banned marker pens for blocking out?

lol i never used tippex because i thought lots of crossings out would make it look like i had tried harder. especially when you see lots of people asking for more paper and then you start wondering why you dont need it.
  • Beth
    Beth Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I am seriously looking forward to Friday afternoon! And it'll all be over :-)

Then we can start on ACCA or CIMA woop woop :-s (or never do an exam again ever!)
Privacy Policy