24 hours ..... go and find your ID and check MyAAT!

anniem
anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Well, in 24 hours time some of us are going to be in the exam hall sitting our first paper!

I've put my MyAAT printout with my passport and driving licence (in case I don't look like me), my PEN and calculator ready for tomorrow morning.

I've also packed a bottle of water, my lucky breakfast snack bar (always have one before every exam), my orthopaedic cushion (in case the seats are hard plastic - I like a comfy bum!), a spare calculator and pen, and a copy of my special circumstances email, (post hip replacement I can't sit still for ages luckily they will add my walkabout time if I need it).

All I need to do is remember my worzel thinking head now! :lol:
FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
Β«1

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    yep planning the same later pack my bag double everything pen pencil rubber calculator not long now :)

Morning BTW
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    hmmmm, think I'd better go invest in another calculator, although this one is only a few months old.
  • anniem
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    pencil rubber calculator

Morning BTW

Morning to you too!

God Vic you really need to use some punctuation - unless I misunderstand you, you can't take a 'pencil rubber' to the exam room. You can take a 'rubber calculator' if you wish, but pencils and rubbers (aka erasers) are not permitted! :lol:

Do you have a rubber calculator?????
  • A-Vic
    anniem wrote: Β»
    Morning to you too!

God Vic you really need to use some punctuation - unless I misunderstand you, you can't take a 'pencil rubber' to the exam room. You can take a 'rubber calculator' if you wish, but pencils and rubbers (aka erasers) are not permitted!

Do you have a rubber calculator?????

:lol: wolly

now am already stressed enough dont go using long words like punctuation
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I got my two calculators and passport ready, I have my printout somewhere on my desk in a pile of papers, which I'll go through on Wednesday and I got one pen, just need to borrow the other one from work on Tuesday.

But as for the seats, last time I went to southampton and they had hard plastic seats, so it might be the same again now!

I want a rubber (bouncy) calculator too now though! Got to go shopping for one I suppose!
  • jilt
    How about adding a bottle of kalms to that list of requirements, think I'll need a whole bottle! And a few prayers wouldn't go amiss
  • A-Vic
    well packed my lucky bag same one ive taken for three years :)
  • anniem
    well packed my lucky bag same one ive taken for three years

I just want to be the lucky bag - and pass these exams! :lol:

I went back and did Dec 07 PEV today and ....... it was completely different to any of the other four; I'm so completely buggered if it's like that - it was horrid!
  • Rinske
    I just want to be the lucky bag

Are you sure that being a bag will help once you passed the exams?
  • A-Vic
    I just want to be the lucky bag - and pass these exams! :lol:

I went back and did Dec 07 PEV today and ....... it was completely different to any of the other four; I'm so completely buggered if it's like that - it was horrid!

nope no more revision now will only panic me what i think i dont know have flash cards but thats it now paper and pens away
  • anniem
    Rinske wrote: Β»
    Are you sure that being a bag will help once you passed the exams?

I think it's probably lost some meaning in translation for you Rinske! Unless you're having a laugh.

As in .... you lucky bag ..... bag being a slang name for a person.

Bit like being a 'lucky cow' - if you see what I mean!
  • Rinske
    Ah thanks!
    That got lost in my translation indeed. I was wondering why you wanted to be a bag and thought you might have made a typing error or gave up on studies and had a new career goal. :)
  • anniem
    Ah thanks!
    That got lost in my translation indeed. I was wondering why you wanted to be a bag and thought you might have made a typing error or gave up on studies and had a new career goal.

Perhaps it's just as well you're studying accounting, not command of the English language :lol:
  • anniem
    nope no more revision now will only panic me what i think i dont know have flash cards but thats it now paper and pens away

I think you're riight Vic! Perhaps I'll go to bed now - how early is early for an early night? Not that sleep will come easily tonight!

Wonder who'll be logging on at 2 am? We could have a midnight feast together?
  • Rinske
    Perhaps it's just as well you're studying accounting, not command of the English language :lol:

I totally agree to that! I was wondering if I should do some course of English as second language, but then again, I doubt they would teach me things like this!
    I think you're riight Vic! Perhaps I'll go to bed now - how early is early for an early night? Not that sleep will come easily tonight!

Wonder who'll be logging on at 2 am? We could have a midnight feast together?

Wouldn't it be nicer to do some other relaxing stuff before going to bed, so you won't be dreaming about your studies all night?
  • anniem
    Wouldn't it be nicer to do some other relaxing stuff before going to bed, so you won't be dreaming about your studies all night?

Like what - I'm roasting a chicken, so that we have something to cut cold tomorrow (less cooking, more studying for Wednesday's exam).

When you're a studying, working-from-home-at-the-moment, busy Mum relaxing isn't something that happens much. It'd be nice to get in the bath, but I'm still not signed off for that by the doctor. Roll on 28th June! Yes ..... and that!
  • Rinske
    Fair enough, oke, so no relaxing bath, how about a relaxing book, that would last about 4 minutes, until the kids recovered from you telling them to shut up and start annoying you again?
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Thanks for the ideas you lot..........(is off to change handbags for tomorrow).
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    aww am getting so jelous of reading everyone saying how these are their last exams. after this week iv still got audit and unit10. although am looking forward to unit 10. thats being saved until last. love writing lots of wafflyness
  • A-Vic
    I totally agree to that! I was wondering if I should do some course of English as second language, but then again, I doubt they would teach me things like this!

What like the light blub moment i had at 5.30 this morning talk about eating sleeping dreaming them dam variances lol
  • jilt
    Think its a forgone conclusion you'll dream about the exams, last time I dreamt I forgot to go!
  • anniem
    jilt wrote: Β»
    Think its a forgone conclusion you'll dream about the exams, last time I dreamt I forgot to go!

Dream or nightmare?

Then you wake up in the morning panicking that you've overslept/missed it!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Dream or nightmare?

Then you wake up in the morning panicking that you've overslept/missed it!

I dreamed that when I opened the paper the questions were all really hard maths – solving differential equations, that sort of thing – and I couldn't do any of them. Just like my Maths A-level really.
  • Rinske
    No I meant the kind of dreams where you just keep thinking about study stuff and end up repeating all ratios in your sleep. You wake up in the morning, not remembering any of them and completely tired.

Anyways, didn't help me last night, and I woke up this morning at 5, to just get up and stare at the dfs standards a bit more....
  • anniem
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! I'm going to get dressed to go now, so logging off!
  • jilt
    I woke my husband up at about 3am, I was screaming cos I was dreaming that the bedclothes were trying to strangle me cos I couldn't recite a variance formula quick enough!! Slept fine after that though,

Good luck all!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    howdy all,

well sat the first one of my ACCA exams last wednesday and got my other one tomorrow !!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    how did it go?
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    taskey wrote: Β»
    how did it go?

not too sure !

think it will be close to passing......audit and assurance ???how exciting !

the time you have in these exams are so tight ...you dont have time to breadth !!!

hahaha
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    well fingers crossed for you
Privacy Policy