how it is going

Options
taskey
taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
i am fairly confident now on the number side of things on dfs, i am now concentrating on re reading my standards notes etc so i can be confident i know what i am writing about. this is what scares me the most as i prefer numbers.

i am also doing ptc and seem to forget everything each time i do a new paper. the practice ones in the back of the bpp books are fab, but there is no consistency with them, they seem to test each aspect. which is a good thing as you are not rote learning, but jee just wish i could complete a paper without having to look at the answers lol

how is everyone else doing?

Tracy

Comments

• nabutt
    nabutt Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    i am aslo confident abt calculation part of PEV ..... but now looking at previous exams papers and feeling like i dont know anything but when i look at answers they are wt i think they wud be ...... so still nt very confident on writing part....... i think i am just cracking now my brain is fulllll ...... just now wanted to do the real exam.... and pass it ... fingers crossed ....

best of luck eveyone
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    taskey wrote: »
    i am fairly confident now on the number side of things on dfs, i am now concentrating on re reading my standards notes etc so i can be confident i know what i am writing about. this is what scares me the most as i prefer numbers.

i am also doing ptc and seem to forget everything each time i do a new paper. the practice ones in the back of the bpp books are fab, but there is no consistency with them, they seem to test each aspect. which is a good thing as you are not rote learning, but jee just wish i could complete a paper without having to look at the answers lol

how is everyone else doing?

Tracy

im feeling good about mac. got to remind myself of a few things for btc and dfs but i am hoping those will be ok (not outright wayhey i can do those but not crying over them either) although strangly feeling hayfevery this year (well i think it's hayfever as i don't normally get it) and even stranger feeling worse as the night gets on. Have dug tablets but not wanting to take them unless have to as not sure if they are non drowsy. dont want to fall asleep in exams.
  • EAP
    EAP Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Me too! My hayfever is so bad today that I have packed a full box of tissues for tomorrow. Anyone in 100 miles of Essex would've heard me sneezing. Have taken tablets but they have the side effect of replacing my brain with wool. PEV is going to be so much fun if this continues.
    I am, therefore, hoping for rain tomorrow to keep the pollen down.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    EAP wrote: »
    Me too! My hayfever is so bad today that I have packed a full box of tissues for tomorrow. Anyone in 100 miles of Essex would've heard me sneezing. Have taken tablets but they have the side effect of replacing my brain with wool. PEV is going to be so much fun if this continues.
    I am, therefore, hoping for rain tomorrow to keep the pollen down.

Good luck getting a box of tissues into the exam hall! I expect they'll all get inspected under UV light just in case you've scribbled all over them and the box in invisible writing!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • EAP
    EAP Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    anniem wrote: »
    Good luck getting a box of tissues into the exam hall! I expect they'll all get inspected under UV light just in case you've scribbled all over them and the box in invisible writing!

Clearly I'm not devious enough ... the thought never even occurred to me! Now that you mention it though ... where did i put that invisible ink?!
  • HayleyM
    HayleyM Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    EAP wrote: »
    Clearly I'm not devious enough ... the thought never even occurred to me! Now that you mention it though ... where did i put that invisible ink?!

Lol I never would have thought of that.... perhaps I am just too innocent.

I am feeling very confident with the number crunching side of PEV and the reports I feel ok about. I am just really worried about what theory questions they will sneak in there. It seems to be a different sort of question in each past exam paper. Target costing, absorbtion costing, marginal costing etc etc. I have revised all of these terms but only very vaguely (if that is a word). I am just hoping that if I do well on the number crunching and ok on the reports, I shouldnt lose too many marks for not doing so well on the theory side..... there has to be some room for error.... right?!

Anyone know what the rough pass rate is for PEV?

Good luck to you all!! :)
  • mrspnut
    mrspnut Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I am a nervous wreck, every time I think I may have cracked it there's a question on a paper that throws me completely.

I have 4 exams to sit, PEV, BTC, PCR and DFS having done PTC back in December. This will be a long week for me and to cap it all I can't drink after my last exam because I'm walking the Moonwalk in Edinburgh next saturday night.
  • HayleyM
    HayleyM Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    mrspnut wrote: »
    I am a nervous wreck, every time I think I may have cracked it there's a question on a paper that throws me completely.

I have 4 exams to sit, PEV, BTC, PCR and DFS having done PTC back in December. This will be a long week for me and to cap it all I can't drink after my last exam because I'm walking the Moonwalk in Edinburgh next saturday night.

Oh my god that must be so stressful sitting four in one week..... I am worried and I only have two! Looking back, I don't know how I coped for my GCSE's.....

Good Luck to you!! :)
Privacy Policy