Week of Exams

Options
jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Why is it always on the week of the exams we start to panic and think we know nothing?

I am sitting two this week. DFS and PTC and have to suffer till Thursday and Friday. I would rather have got them done at the begin of the week so that by the weekend I have calmed down!

I have not been feeling well this weekend (nothing to do with Exam stress!) and have hardly looked at the books. I was feeling confident but now am totally fed up.

God knows how people manage to do four in a week!

Ok moan over (thought it might make me feel better but it didnt work) :sad:

Comments

• Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Every past paper I did yesterday I messed up, stupid little errors like adding up amounts wrong or entering a complete random number onto the statement!!

I'm pretty sure this happens every year... we will all be fine, when you're in the exam room it's totally different and info you have stored somewhere comes flooding back... I hope!!!

Good luck x
  • Ampsie
    Ampsie Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I'm feeling exactly the same!
    BTC and PTC this week and everything i did on saturday went really well.
    However everything i did yesterday went completely wrong! I have a total mental block on remembering dates for payments and filing!

I'm sure i feel like this before every exam and I just hope that when i sit down in that room tomorrow that it all comes flooding back to me!

Fingers crossed and good luck!

Ampsie
  • meibaker
    meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    could not sleep at all last night, even though my exam is tomorrow,LOL i am just hoping i will sleep well tonight, has to catch a early train to southampton in the morning.... just hope the center is easy to find...
    good luck everyone!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Oh no! I have just spilled a whole cup of coffee over my handwritten notes for DFS and the mail that has just been delivered to work! Then I bent down to mop the coffee up from the floor and the sleeve of my shirt ripped............................this better not be the start of a very bad week! :laugh:..........or I'll cry!
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    If it makes anyone feel better, I've come to the conclusion I've got dyslexia and dyscalculia, bit of bad week to come to this conclusion!!!

On top of exam nerves this should make a challenging combination.

Never the less, good luck everyone for a sane week. Just look forward to all of all the nice things we can do next week when we don't feel guilty about not reading our books!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: Β»
    Oh no! I have just spilled a whole cup of coffee over my handwritten notes for DFS and the mail that has just been delivered to work! Then I bent down to mop the coffee up from the floor and the sleeve of my shirt ripped............................this better not be the start of a very bad week! :laugh:..........or I'll cry!

everything happens in 3's so hope something else happens that is not too bad before thursday, then you will be fine

Tracy
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I'm sure you will all be fine. We all put in the hard work and effort and the last weekend before the exams is usually tainted by these mistakes. However, as long as you managed to realise it's just stupid mistakes, I'm sure you will be fine.

Anyways, exam nerves are part of the picture and I'm sure if you look far enough, you'll find a few people with no stress, but the majority will feel the same way.

I'm very happy, this is the first time, since I started studying my AAT that I only have one exam and it left me so much more time to actually study the subject, instead of having to swap over all the time between different subjects!

However, I am sure we'll all be fine once we enter the exam room and our hard work will hopefully be rewarded!
Privacy Policy