Why? Why? Why?

Options
sdv
sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
For some reason AAT Intermediate students have not made use of Intermediate/Advance Students forum!

Am I to presume that AAT Intermediate is now so easy that the students do not need any help from fellow students?

Or The quality of the course delivery is so Good that no extra support is required,

Or the Quality if the students is so good that they do not need any help or are good independent learners.

I was also surprised to see very few posts by distance learning students!

There is another factor this year- Computer Based Exams

May be the majority of the students may have taken their final assessements throught Computer Based Exams.

If this is the case, then is this future of student's forum for Level3 and Level 4 ?

Comments

• keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I've just finished AAT Intermediate, I did the ECR exam in November and the FRA exam by CBE a few weeks ago along with the skills tests. One of the reasons I haven't posted really asking for help is because pretty much all of what I would have asked could by found using the search.

I'm sure when I start level 4 I'll be using the forums more because I bet it is really hard!! :)

Emma
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    oh well SDV we'll take over this one too. i'm distance learning
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Amazing

I find it absolutely amazing NOT to see any discussion on today's ECR paper by AAT intermediate students. It's 28 minutes past 8 O'clock.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    sdv wrote: Β»
    I find it absolutely amazing NOT to see any discussion on today's ECR paper by AAT intermediate students. It's 28 minutes past 8 O'clock.
    Yep, it's pretty quiet for the ECR students, maybe they are all so exhausted from the exam that they went straight to bed?
  • Primble
    Options
    Rinske wrote: Β»
    Yep, it's pretty quiet for the ECR students, maybe they are all so exhausted from the exam that they went straight to bed?

lol maybe. or they are just boring
  • Rinske
    Options
    Well, my book did say accountants are boring...

I thought the writer just hadn't found our forums yet...
  • Primble
    Options
    Well, my book did say accountants are boring...

I thought the writer just hadn't found our forums yet...

lol not all of us are boring. my dads a group fd and he's the biggest kid out and loves having fun
  • Rinske
    Options
    Apparently recent research has proven (can't remember where or who showed me the research) but accountants don't have to have smalltalk.

The moment you tell someone you work in finance they are bored and start about something else or start talking to someone else...

I thought it was quite funny to say, but don't think it's true!

Although when our factory guys ask what I do and I say I pay the bills and such, they all assume I pay their salaries...
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    We're not all boring! I've only just logged on in order to ask about today's ECR exam - I've been watching the football and having a glass of wine!

I was kind of wondering a similar thing though - there were only six people sitting the exam in my centre which was Cardiff so not exactly a small place.

What did everyone think?
  • Primble
    Options
    Apparently recent research has proven (can't remember where or who showed me the research) but accountants don't have to have smalltalk.

The moment you tell someone you work in finance they are bored and start about something else or start talking to someone else...

I thought it was quite funny to say, but don't think it's true!

Although when our factory guys ask what I do and I say I pay the bills and such, they all assume I pay their salaries...

lol whenever someone new starts HR bring them aroun all the offices. But they get to my office and always say "this is accounts, be nice to them, you will soon know if you upset them and they control the money"

Accounts control money? i never knew that. i have to say that we're not actually scary people there's little me 21, married (so everyones decided im boring from that) and finding my feet. And theres my mangager , 25 (about to get married) and started at the bottom and through people leaving/retiring got to her current position (with no qualification as before i started she had been running the place by herslf for about a year so didnt have time and now doesnt see the point.) we're not boring (infact activly join in random conversations start start when people wander into our office) and not scary. people just have to do their job how we would like them to do it
  • Lena
    Lena Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    We're not all boring! I've only just logged on in order to ask about today's ECR exam - I've been watching the football and having a glass of wine!

I was kind of wondering a similar thing though - there were only six people sitting the exam in my centre which was Cardiff so not exactly a small place.

What did everyone think?

Lol, we're not boring. Just finished watching DH and eating a well deserved chocolate ice cream ;)... Needed to relax a little, since my brain went rather numb after the exam.

Yeah, there were only two other people sitting exam with me today (in Reading).
    I have a feeling just before my last exam (FRA) there were more people on the forum, and more discussions...
  • emma123
    emma123 Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    i think i'll be on after my fra exam on thurs having a moan lol
  • AuntieT
    AuntieT Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options

That was me!

Got out, quick beer with friends who thought I'd disappeared from planet, and was sent home to bed by them as apparently they've never seen me look so shattered.

What will I look like on Thursday evening!!
  • Rinske
    Options
    AuntieT wrote: Β»
    That was me!

Got out, quick beer with friends who thought I'd disappeared from planet, and was sent home to bed by them as apparently they've never seen me look so shattered.

What will I look like on Thursday evening!!
    By now I am looking like a zombie! So by Thursday when Anniem sees me, she'll be all scared I might eat her brains. That probably will be the same for you....
  • AuntieT
    Options
    By now I am looking like a zombie! So by Thursday when Anniem sees me, she'll be all scared I might eat her brains. That probably will be the same for you....

Would eating brains help! Thinking by now anything is worth a go!

Was told we were asked to give feedback or something do you know where that is done?
  • Rinske
    Options
    AuntieT wrote: Β»
    Would eating brains help! Thinking by now anything is worth a go!

Was told we were asked to give feedback or something do you know where that is done?
    You can probably find a link if you log into your myaat.

I doubt eating brains helps though. Maybe eat some brainfood instead?
  • goldring
    goldring Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    i 'm a boring person.
    don't say much.
    drives my husband mad, he always says i'm talking to myself.

find this exam is easier than some of the past exam.
    just stuck with one question about nonproduction costs, don't know how to answer, just made it up.
    the rest is pretty straight forward,
    however, messed up with calculation of the cvs question, used the labour cost to calculate the meterial cost, luckily spotted it,
  • AuntieT
    Options
    goldring wrote: Β»
    i 'm a boring person.

just stuck with one question about nonproduction costs, don't know how to answer, just made it up.

That one got me to!
  • EmilyRushin
    EmilyRushin Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    i wasnt sure about the non production costs, is that not the expenses charged to the p and l account?
  • goldring
    goldring Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    i wasnt sure about the non production costs, is that not the expenses charged to the p and l account?

that's what i wrote,
    seems we are in the same boat
  • EmilyRushin
    EmilyRushin Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    i just wasnt sure cuz seems more fra, but cant see what else could of bee writeen
  • AuntieT
    Options
    I think I said something like they wouldn't be used for short term decision making which is what these monthly accounts were for.

Said that if they were shown they'd be as "below the line" but would probably be shown for a higher level monthly reporting as were obviously relevant to the total profit of company!

Some thing like that anyway!
Privacy Policy