DFS Section 2

Options
HayleyM
HayleyM Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi All,

I am just wondering what everyone else is revising for section 2?
I have learnt all the following:

Ratios
Elements of financial statements
Framework defintitions of elements
Purpose of financial statements - "financial position, financial performance & changes in financial position."
Users of financial statements and what they use them for
What makes financial info useful - relevance, reliability, comparability and understandabilty.

Am I missing anything?

I feel like I should know more for this section......

Also, the IAS questions only come up in section 1 don't they?

Thanks in advance and good luck to you all! :)

Comments

• SugarPuff
    SugarPuff Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    sounds like you have it all covered...... I was advised to go straight to section two and write down the calculations for ratios while fresh in mind then go back and start section1.
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I was advised to do section 2 before section 1 which I've been doing when practicing, gets the long writing out of the way whilst you don't have writers cramp or too much mind block!!
  • bobo
    bobo Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Does anyone know if the same person writes DFS and PCR exams layouts??
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    bobo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the same person writes DFS and PCR exams layouts??

i think it is don mcaskilll for dfs not sure about pcr though, if you check on the chief assors report it usually says who it is
  • bobo
    bobo Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    taskey wrote: »
    i think it is don mcaskilll for dfs not sure about pcr though, if you check on the chief assors report it usually says who it is

thx, i was sitting pcr today and it was totally different then in previous exams so I hope different people are writing those layouts.....
  • HayleyM
    Options
    Esme wrote: »
    I was advised to do section 2 before section 1 which I've been doing when practicing, gets the long writing out of the way whilst you don't have writers cramp or too much mind block!!

Hi,

Thanks for that. Yea I was told to start on section 2 as well! Good Luck to you!! :)
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thanks.. you too!! :)
  • HayleyM
    Options
    bobo wrote: »
    thx, i was sitting pcr today and it was totally different then in previous exams so I hope different people are writing those layouts.....

Oh I hope they haven't change the layout for DFS!! :(
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Apparently Donald Mcaskill is no longer chief examiner for DFS - so don't know if that's a good or bad thing!!

I actually prefer section 2 so that may be the only bit I can do...if we are given the nicer of the ratios!!
Privacy Policy