DFS Dilemma

Options
lewpylew
lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
I am due to take DFS tomorrow which is my last compulsory exam. I have already passed PCR, PEV, PTC and cash/credit management.

I have recently moved house and really struggled this year and am in a quandry whether to attempt DFS tomorrow or just leave it til December. I have been concentrating on business tax and been studying DFS in class on day release.

This subject has always been my weak point and looking at my notes it is scary as I cannot remember doing most of it. I just wanted some advice whether I should attempt the exam tomorrow or just forget it, and go right back to basics over the summer and retake in December?

Looking at past papers now and I am struggling with even the basics : ( : ( That'll teach me for doing too much(I work f/t, have 2 small children and moving 3 weeks ago). Guess I can just plod on, do what I can, give it a go and if I don't pass keep trying as i WILL do it : )

Sorry for random post - just needed to get it out x

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    personally you should go for it, you have paid for it and you have booked the time off work.

last year i did not go to mine and after looking at the paper and the answers, i probably could have had a good go at it. i kicked myself.

i also work full time and have 2 children and it is a struggle, believe me. but just think positive, if you dont go you wont know.

just enjoy the time off work, grab a nice lunch afterwards and wait for the results.

Go for it

Tracy
  • meibaker
    meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Not sure how you do it tho, i am struggle with just 2 exams.
    If you've already paid for exam, why not give it a go, you never know, you might pass, even though you don't pass, its always a good way to practice.
    Good luck!
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    as an accountant you should be wanting vaule for money. lol
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    taskey wrote: Β»
    personally you should go for it, you have paid for it and you have booked the time off work.

last year i did not go to mine and after looking at the paper and the answers, i probably could have had a good go at it. i kicked myself.

i also work full time and have 2 children and it is a struggle, believe me. but just think positive, if you dont go you wont know.

just enjoy the time off work, grab a nice lunch afterwards and wait for the results.

Go for it

Tracy

My head is telling me this ...... I know I am being silly, just have a wobble. If I don't go I'll regret it and it could be the world's easiest paper. If I go and cannot do it, I will have a go and put it off to experience and work my socks off for the next try : )

Thanks! I will do this be it first time or whenever. The end is in sight....... x
  • gguest
    gguest Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    hi ya i am also in the same boat i moved house just after xmas have a yonug disabled child and carnt remember anything i done. With a bit of pratice before the exam i am hoping for the best i paid for it so i am gonna go for it. Just try your best thats all u can ask of yourself good luck tomoz
  • jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Any experience is good experience :)

Had a few doubts sitting a paper a while back but glad that i did as it was a good practice - also not a waste of money.
Privacy Policy