DFS Exam - Goodwill Impairment

Options
KW17 2LN
KW17 2LN Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
Is it me or did the goodwill impairment value need to be rounded this time around?
(I calculated 186.3, but the balance sheet came out ok). All examples I've done previously always came to an exact whole number.

Other than that minor wobble the exam was easier than previous years I thought.

Comments

• Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    KW17 2LN wrote: »
    Is it me or did the goodwill impairment value need to be rounded this time around?
    (I calculated 186.3, but the balance sheet came out ok). All examples I've done previously always came to an exact whole number.

cant disuss unitl 3pm
  • chunkyOneNine
    chunkyOneNine Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    cant remember impairment figure but reduced gw was something .7 which sounds similar. it all balanced after a bit of re jigging and several others have mentioned odd figure like this so lets hope its correct.
  • NO BUSINESS CASE
    NO BUSINESS CASE Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Yeah agree no surprises and all relatively straight forward!!

Onwards to PTC tomorrow and then Freedom!!!!
  • C2XVT
    C2XVT Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    C2XVT wrote: »
    Yeap I got £186.30 for the impairment loss, and balanced at £95444.70

:-)
  • Mog17
    Mog17 Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    KW17 2LN wrote: »

Yep, I got the same as you and rounded down. Did double check cos usually they're pretty whole numbers but came out the same.

Agreed, I thought it was a really pleasant exam!
Privacy Policy