Technican Computer Based Exam

Options
Ian
Ian Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor โญ
Hello,

If we fail a unit in the summer exams is there the option to take them again on the computer. I know that you can for Intermediate not sure about technician. Thanks. Ian

Comments

• noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Ian wrote: ยป
    Hello,

If we fail a unit in the summer exams is there the option to take them again on the computer. I know that you can for Intermediate not sure about technician. Thanks. Ian
    I have asked my tutor that very questions and I am awaiting a reply!
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi.

I e-mailed my tutor the same question and he replied saying he thought we would continue with paper exams but they will soon know about what it will take to move to the new standards. He said they didn't really know yet but will hopefully know in a few weeks.
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Let us all know what your tutor say about it thx in advance
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I looked this up on the AAT website a few days ago and at the moment the computer based exams are only on intermediate exams ECR, FRA and one more(I think!). Such a shame as I'd love to do my DFS retake before Dec! x
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I looked this up on the AAT website a few days ago and at the moment the computer based exams are only on intermediate exams ECR, FRA and one more(I think!). Such a shame as I'd love to do my DFS retake before Dec! x

Under the new standards for new students from July (everyone has to move by June 2011 if they haven't completed the level they are on under the old standards) all exams will be computer based.

We aren't sure yet if we have to stick with paper exams until June 2011 or if we can do computer based ones.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    we have been told we can do our re-sits on CBE (shows the faith our tutor has as this was within the first ten mins of the first class) and they would be our exams
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    CBA (Computer Based Assessment) will be introduced with the new QCF framework qualifications from September but some assessments will not be available until December (including Financial Performance - the old Unit 8).

If you're considering resitting under the new framework, you will not be able to qualifiy with the NVQ but with the new Level 4 Diploma (ask your provider). I would recommend that, as some CBAs will not be ready until December, you may as well avoid the hassle of transferring from NVQ to QCF and compelte under the NVQ in December using paper based exams. For the NVQ route there are no Computer Based Exams at all at Technician Level (NVQ 4).

Hope this helps.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    we were told by our college wont be doing paper based exams but we would be able to re-sit any of the Diploma exams from 2003 standards by CBE i suppose i will worry about if and when i need to tho
  • oh confused one
    oh confused one Registered Posts: 128 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    we were told that it was defo paper exams until at least June 2011 sittings for Tech level
Privacy Policy