DFS Answers by Steve

Options
Steve Collings
Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi All,

I've had a lot of messages and emails from students asking when my answers are going up!! I can't reply to every one (there's about 20 emails!!) so I'll reply here.

Unfortunately I can't do the DFS suggested answers until I can get access to the paper, which won't be until the AAT put the papers up. Once they go up, I'll produce the suggested answers and put them up via here in the usual way.

Kind regards

Steve

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    steve, as always, thanks for your time and knowledge.

Tracy
  • Steve Collings
    Options
    It's a pleasure Tracy.

Best wishes
    steve
  • Glynis
    Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Steve are you doing amy answers for ACCA F8?
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    steve, as always, thanks for your time and knowledge.

Tracy
    I agree with this!
  • Steve Collings
    Options
    Glynis wrote: ยป
    Steve are you doing amy answers for ACCA F8?

Hi Glynis,

No I won't be doing any suggested answers for this paper unfortunately. I'm not sure anyone really does any suggested answers for any ACCA papers.

Regards
    Steve
  • Glynis
    Options
    Oh right ok. I am sure it wouldn't take you a long time to do the answers but anyway. I want to see if anyone else would do them on the Accountancy student site but it won't let me register for some reason. Do you know why?
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Oh right ok. I am sure it wouldn't take you a long time to do the answers but anyway. I want to see if anyone else would do them on the Accountancy student site but it won't let me register for some reason. Do you know why?

just wait for the answers to come out. I really want to see the answers for F5 whilst i can still remeber what i put, but cant. You'll just have to wait till ACCA put them up
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I've usually found that no one wants suggested answers to ACCA exams, there is often a big discussion about whether to look when the official answers come out and most people choose not to until after the results.

I will be surprised if anyone will do them for you I'm afraid, Steve is a bit of a one off as far as putting himself out for other people and compiling answers!

If it's any help the examiners answers tend to be put on the site 3 weeks before the results are out - they are one of the first to do that.
  • Glynis
    Options
    Bluewednesday I just think 2 months is too long to wait to get an idea. I've emailed LSBF and BPP to see if one of their tutors will do them as I know Julia comes on here and works at BPP.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Good luck with that!

Unfortunately 2 months is a fact of life, that's what it is.
  • Glynis
    Options
    Good luck with that!

Thank you Bluewednesday. Hopefully they'll reply.
  • cornflower
    cornflower Registered Posts: 129 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Glynis I have to say that you are extremely demanding of Steve. Throughout your time here Steve has shown a great deal of patience and understanding with you and yet you still come across as ungreatful as ever.

Steve is highly respected on here and in accountancy in general. I know he inspires me as he probably does thousands of others but Glynis you don't seem to be able to know when to stop and I fear one day you will drive Steve away which will be a loss to us all.

Steve we love you and respect what you do for us! Dont be driven away.

Laura x
  • lou123
    lou123 Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Glynis I have to say that you are extremely demanding of Steve. Throughout your time here Steve has shown a great deal of patience and understanding with you and yet you still come across as ungreatful as ever.

Steve is highly respected on here and in accountancy in general. I know he inspires me as he probably does thousands of others but Glynis you don't seem to be able to know when to stop and I fear one day you will drive Steve away which will be a loss to us all.

I really try not to get involved when you post threads Glynis, but everything Laura states above is factual and I agree with her totally. You, along with many, many others rely on the goodwill from these forums to assist you with your studies yet you constantly barrage Steve with demands and have a curt reply at the ready if you don't get the response you want.

I was genuinely delighted for you when passed your AAT auditing exam and posted a reply as such. However, you are not studying AAT now and I am sick and tired of your whining, negative, ungrateful, 'what about me' posts.

You have stated that you struggle every step of the way, and you have shown you have zero people skills, so perhaps this career isn't the right one for you. Like most of us, you have had a tough time juggling work, finance, and family to try and get your qualifications, but unlike the rest of us, your manners are appalling and your requests are demanding.

I guarantee this, in the big world where you want to be an accountant you will not find your attitude tolerated, and you will certainly not find the willingness to assist you that you have previously found on these forums.

I am not entering into a slanging match and I am not fighting a battle for Steve's sake, I am finally expressing my opinion Glynis, as you so often do.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    lou123 wrote: ยป
    I really try not to get involved when you post threads Glynis, but everything Laura states above is factual and I agree with her totally. You, along with many, many others rely on the goodwill from these forums to assist you with your studies yet you constantly barrage Steve with demands and have a curt reply at the ready if you don't get the response you want.

I was genuinely delighted for you when passed your AAT auditing exam and posted a reply as such. However, you are not studying AAT now and I am sick and tired of your whining, negative, ungrateful, 'what about me' posts.

You have stated that you struggle every step of the way, and you have shown you have zero people skills, so perhaps this career isn't the right one for you. Like most of us, you have had a tough time juggling work, finance, and family to try and get your qualifications, but unlike the rest of us, your manners are appalling and your requests are demanding.

I guarantee this, in the big world where you want to be an accountant you will not find your attitude tolerated, and you will certainly not find the willingness to assist you that you have previously found on these forums.

I am not entering into a slanging match and I am not fighting a battle for Steve's sake, I am finally expressing my opinion Glynis, as you so often do.

I'm afraid to say that I agree entirely.

We all count and I know that you will completely disregard anything we say to you here, this is probably why you only want to talk to Steve; he is simply too polite to ask you not to be so demanding of him. He works bloody hard and we are indebted to him for his support, but why should he do 'answers' to all the papers. He doesn't need to, he has his qualification!!!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Bluewednesday I just think 2 months is too long to wait

Glynis, I sat my MAC exam last Monday and met my sister in law afterwards for lunch and some theraputic window shopping.

When I said I would get my results in two months time she said 'oh what a long time to wait'. Later in the day she told me her friend who she has beeen regularly visiting in hospital had been given two months to live. After saying how sorry I was to hear that, I exclaimed 'two months doesn't seem so long now does it?'.

That puts things in perspective, and Glynis I hope you can do the same.

God luck, I genuinely do hope you've passed
  • exam panic
    exam panic Registered Posts: 157 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    jilt wrote: ยป
    Glynis, I sat my MAC exam last Monday and met my sister in law afterwards for lunch and some theraputic window shopping.

When I said I would get my results in two months time she said 'oh what a long time to wait'. Later in the day she told me her friend who she has beeen regularly visiting in hospital had been given two months to live. After saying how sorry I was to hear that, I exclaimed 'two months doesn't seem so long now does it?'.

That said it all why we should worry about silly exam (I mean JUST a exam )
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    jilt wrote: ยป

Oh Jill, your post made me feel sad. You're so right about 2 months not being long enough when it's all you have left. If it had anything to do with the exam results coming out then I wouldn't want mine too soon, to extend her friends time. I know now that when I receive my exam results I will certainly be thinking of your post, and hoping that her 2 months isn't up yet and that they made a mistake.

Sometimes we forget to cherish life each day, being too busy doing the things we must do, whilst not really appreciating the things and people we should.

Anna x
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
Privacy Policy