pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Good luck all of you today

speak later
ยซ134

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Good luck to everyone sitting PTC this morning. Fingers crossed for a lovely paper to end the week on!!!!!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • stefanboro
    stefanboro Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Ugh. I don't know about everyone else but my group has been dreading this one the most (although we're not doing business tax).

It depends on how nice they want to be I suppose. They could simply test our knowledge and competence by asking the questions in a straight forward fashion or they can be overly clever and try to trip us up by adding all sorts of complexities to the questions.

Good luck to everyone too!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Good luck you lot :)
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Anyone else finish early?
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Ugh. I don't know about everyone else but my group has been dreading this one the most (although we're not doing business tax).

It depends on how nice they want to be I suppose. They could simply test our knowledge and competence by asking the questions in a straight forward fashion or they can be overly clever and try to trip us up by adding all sorts of complexities to the questions.

Good luck to everyone too!

Im going with lets be overly clever and try trip everyone up on nearly all the questions, but maybe thats just me?

Me no likey, lol.
  • NO BUSINESS CASE
    NO BUSINESS CASE Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Thank got it is all over.

ITS OFFICIALLY BEER AND WORLD CUP O'CLOCK IN MY HOUSE!!

Thought it was an exam you had to read thoroughly and carefully is all I will say!

Be interesting to see what everyone else made of it later!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    mmm i am back but not sure on how i feel?
  • *Jo
    Options
    I have a prom dress to finish making before next friday before I can relax!

My daughters even told me im not allowed out with my mates before hand nor on the night cos I have to pick her and boyfriend up at midnight.

Just unit 10 and DFS in December now subject to passing of course. Cant believe im actually starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • *Jo
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    mmm i am back but not sure on how i feel?

Where do you sit your exams Tracey? You live in Germany dont you??
  • taskey
    Options
    *Jo wrote: ยป
    Where do you sit your exams Tracey? You live in Germany dont you??

i sit them in an army education centre about 30 miles away so not too bad. they are really good and set it all up for me
  • *Jo
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    i sit them in an army education centre about 30 miles away so not too bad. they are really good and set it all up for me

Aww thats nice of them. I assume your on your own then. That must be daughting. How did you end up working for the army? Was it because your hubbies in the Army or did you meet at work?
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Congrats Taskey for getting the exams over, now you can relax, sleep and get bored with the rest of us boring people with no lifes left....

Jo, have you tried telling your daughter she can walk on the day itself if she won't allow you to go anywhere? Not serious, just to stop her from saying things like you're not allowed to do this or that....

Good luck making the prom dress though, have you picked a really nice and complicated one or a nice and simple one to create?
  • taskey
    Options
    *Jo wrote: ยป
    Aww thats nice of them. I assume your on your own then. That must be daughting. How did you end up working for the army? Was it because your hubbies in the Army or did you meet at work?

we were once both in the army and we met in basic training, 16 years later still together. we have now both left the army, but work for the army.

yes it is daunting as i am the only one in the exam room, but i usually get put in a poky little spare office with the invigilator no more than 3 feet away from me - they occasionally stay awake for the whole exam lol
  • *Jo
    Options
    Rinske, I told my daughter bog off am I staying in all night waiting to be your taxi (words to that effect but maybe a bit harsher lol)

The prom dress is a super complicated vogue pattern that madam picked, redrafted once cos the top daint suit her and then completely changed with me having to draft a second top pattern myself with a different design much better suited to her figure :-s Ive incorporated some of the original design. Mind you Im glad ive done pattern drafting and dress making as some of the prices being paid for her friends dresses are through the roof!!. Its the 4th Ive made now, already did my daughters and her mates for their primary school prom and a friends daughters too. Ive learnt my lesson from helping out friends with sewing now. I say no. Takes too much time and takes all the fun out of it. Now my only problems is a picky daughter keep saying, I like that but could you do.........or I want that skirt with that top with such and such straps etc etc. I refused the beading she wanted as no way enough time with exams.

Tracey, sounds like you like your army life:) Hopefully all this AAT will pay off for you and you will get some sort of payrise/promotion.
  • Rinske
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of work, but fun if you like sewing! Although I can understand you don't do it for friends anymore!

I've got to the point where I want to make a dress for myself for the wedding anniversary for my boyfriend's parents, but I picked myself deliberately a really simple pattern, because I want it satin or silk fabric and I'm not that good in sewing just yet.
  • *Jo
    Options
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Sounds like a lot of work, but fun if you like sewing! Although I can understand you don't do it for friends anymore!

I've got to the point where I want to make a dress for myself for the wedding anniversary for my boyfriend's parents, but I picked myself deliberately a really simple pattern, because I want it satin or silk fabric and I'm not that good in sewing just yet.

Just practice on little bits of fabric. You will get there. Theres lots of good books you can borrow from the libary that shows you how to do the basic stitches and stuff.

Im sure it will be fantastic!!
  • Rinske
    Options
    I practiced on a skirt when I didn't study, but the skirt had semi stretch fabric and for some reason it just didn't want to get straight after sewing two bits together and I can't work out what's wrong, so I gave up on that one for a while and decided to focus on something else for a bit.

My mum gave me a magazine with some patterns and such and a book on sewing, which is really helpful so I'm using that one now.

I used to do a lot more sewing, but haven't done it for a while, silly, but hard to get back into for some reason, yet I always liked doing it, so I thought it's a nice hobby to do besides my study, as I can pace it easily and if it doesn't work out, I just ruin some fabric :)
  • *Jo
    Options
    I practiced on a skirt when I didn't study, but the skirt had semi stretch fabric and for some reason it just didn't want to get straight after sewing two bits together and I can't work out what's wrong, so I gave up on that one for a while and decided to focus on something else for a bit.

My mum gave me a magazine with some patterns and such and a book on sewing, which is really helpful so I'm using that one now.

I used to do a lot more sewing, but haven't done it for a while, silly, but hard to get back into for some reason, yet I always liked doing it, so I thought it's a nice hobby to do besides my study, as I can pace it easily and if it doesn't work out, I just ruin some fabric :)

With the fabric, are you making sure you place the pattern on the grain the same way as it says you should? I never finished the college course but we were taught to measure the distance from the selvage to the line on the pattern ensuring it was spot on. If you had the fabric cut incorrectly the two sides would have stretched in different ways causing a non straight problem.

Stretch fabric and silky type are some of the hardest to work with. Also if sewing stretch fabric a stretchy stitch can help this allows for some movement. Your sewing machine book should tell you which one it is

hey shame todays exam wasnt on sewing eh lol
  • Rinske
    Options
    Oh yes I agree that we should take an exam on it instead of on tax! Although I find that I learned sewing very much in Dutch and when I followed an English pattern I had no clue what they meant with certain things, so I've been using the internet as a research to find out what the pattern said.

I am sure the fabric was placed right and cut right and all that, because that's what I thought at first as well, but I tried again with a bit of extra fabric and it all didn't change it and I did use the stretchy stitch.

My mum and I both stared at it for a bit, thinking of different options when they were over, but we both couldn't figure it out, hence I gave up on it for a bit. I think I will try again though, I did like the skirt. Maybe I try it again first with a different fabric and then figure out what I did wrong.
  • *Jo
    Options
    Oh yes I agree that we should take an exam on it instead of on tax! Although I find that I learned sewing very much in Dutch and when I followed an English pattern I had no clue what they meant with certain things, so I've been using the internet as a research to find out what the pattern said.

I am sure the fabric was placed right and cut right and all that, because that's what I thought at first as well, but I tried again with a bit of extra fabric and it all didn't change it and I did use the stretchy stitch.

My mum and I both stared at it for a bit, thinking of different options when they were over, but we both couldn't figure it out, hence I gave up on it for a bit. I think I will try again though, I did like the skirt. Maybe I try it again first with a different fabric and then figure out what I did wrong.

Good luck with it then, Must say if your Dutch your English is fantastic!
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    accounts boy - we can't discuss details until 3pm due to people sitting the paper round the world. Don't be surprised if your post is removed.

Pop back in just over an hour and everyone will probably be comparing their answers.
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    How do some people remember all their answers? Don't think any of mine agreed with accounts boy :(
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I don't remember my answers to write them down here. I only spot familiar answers once others start posting!

Or not as the case was for BTC!!
  • Esme
    Options
    I defo didn't get that for the vase, cos I remember mine had lots of 6's in it (sign of the devil) which I didn't think was a good sign!! lol
  • badgeman_brown@hotmail.co
    badgeman_brown@hotmail.co Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    yep mine was ยฃ6667
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I dont recognise any of those figures either! :sad:
  • badgeman_brown@hotmail.co
    badgeman_brown@hotmail.co Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    oh great! i wasn't sure what i was doing when i wrked that one out
  • Esme
    Options
    yep mine was ยฃ6667

Briliant.. that's what I got, but I didn't round it so left it at 6,666- not a huge problem, lets hope we wre right!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    My rental income defo wasnt that as it had four figures
  • Esme
    Options
    Yeah, mine was quite high.. did u lot put the advertising as an expense? I left it off but wasn't sure?
Privacy Policy