The Match

2ยป

Comments

• Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Spain all the way!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Germany have looked impressive though against two pretty poor teams. Not seen much of Spain but they looked pretty ordinary playing Paraguay yesterday. I don't see them rolling over like England and Argentina though. Tough to call but I fancy Germany to just edge it.

I remember watching Holland v. West Germany in 1974 as a youngster. I was so exciting at seeing my first World Cup Final and what a boring match it was, such a disappointment. A talented Dutch side pretty much kicked off the pitch by the defence minded Germans. Let's hope if it is Holland Germany it's not a repeat with the roles reversed.
  • Marga
    CJC wrote: ยป
    Germany have looked impressive though against two pretty poor teams. Not seen much of Spain but they looked pretty ordinary playing Paraguay yesterday. I don't see them rolling over like England and Argentina though. Tough to call but I fancy Germany to just edge it.

I remember watching Holland v. West Germany in 1974 as a youngster. I was so exciting at seeing my first World Cup Final and what a boring match it was, such a disappointment. A talented Dutch side pretty much kicked off the pitch by the defence minded Germans. Let's hope if it is Holland Germany it's not a repeat with the roles reversed.

even i admit that Spain was not this time as good as it has been other years or maybe it is me talking none sense as i know nothing about football

against Paraguay well they were very defensive so Spain couldnt (or wouldnt) do much

i would like Spain vs Holland ...the red against the orange hehe although Germany has done very well this competition
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    naturally i am going for germany all the way lol

but i do think it will be germany holland in the final
  • Marga
    taskey wrote: ยป
    naturally i am going for germany all the way lol

but i do think it will be germany holland in the final

ssssssssssssssssssssssso sorry ......
  • JayneHogan
    JayneHogan Registered Posts: 697 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I bet you are. Congratulations!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Germany vs Holland would have been a much more exciting game than Spain vs Holland. While I respect defensively orientated teams - after all, they're statistically more successful than those attack orientated - they rarely make good watching.

Germany's counter attack against Holland's attack would have been worth watching but Spain will just stifle Holland while hoping to pop a single one in at the Dutch end. The number of opportunities they produce converted into actual goals seems very poor with them hopelessly squandering much of what they create. Dull football versus total football.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Germany vs Holland would have been a much more exciting game than Spain vs Holland. While I respect defensively orientated teams - after all, they're statistically more successful than those attack orientated - they rarely make good watching.

Germany's counter attack against Holland's attack would have been worth watching but Spain will just stifle Holland while hoping to pop a single one in at the Dutch end. The number of opportunities they produce converted into actual goals seems very poor with them hopelessly squandering much of what they create. Dull football versus total football.

I agree. I was hoping for the Germany Holland final. I could happily miss the final now.
  • taskey
    germany played like pansies last night, they did not deserve to win. what a boring match.

well i am now going to have to support Holland as my hubby has them in teh work sweepstake, plus i love Wokkles and hamka's (Rinske you will know what they are mm mm mm)

Blumin Octopus!!!

tracy
  • blobbyh
    Yup, the octopus got it right again didn't he? Has he picked the winners on Sunday yet?
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    well i am now going to have to support Holland as my hubby has them in teh work sweepstake, plus i love Wokkles and hamka's (Rinske you will know what they are mm mm mm)
    tracy

Ooooo send some over please! Haven't had those for ages!

I do hope Holland wins on Sunday, but if they play the same as they played against Uruguai, I don't give them much chance...
  • CJC
    Yup, the octopus got it right again didn't he? Has he picked the winners on Sunday yet?

He'd better get it right or he'll be calamari on Monday!
  • blobbyh
    CJC wrote: ยป
    He'd better get it right or he'll be calamari on Monday!

He must be a truly amazing animal indeed then if he can change species from being an octopus to a squid and subsequently turned into calamari! ;-)
  • Rinske
    He must be a truly amazing animal indeed then if he can change species from being an octopus to a squid and subsequently turned into calamari! ;-)
    It's an octopus that predicts the winning football teams, that's pretty amazing already, so I don't see why it couldn't change shape!
  • Marga
    germany played like pansies last night, they did not deserve to win. what a boring match.

Blumin Octopus!!!

tracy

well you just like to be against me dont you?:p
  • blobbyh
    When questioned, he wrote on his Ipad that football score predicting squids are ten a penny and rarely correct - I think we have one here in England and consult every major tournament - so he'd rather stay as he is and not be turned into food if he gets the odd result wrong.
  • CJC

Mr. Picky!
  • blobbyh
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    It's an octopus that predicts the winning football teams, that's pretty amazing already, so I don't see why it couldn't change shape!

Anyway, a cow can change shape - from standing up to laying down to being on my dinner plate - but it's still a fricking cow isn't it? Needs to do a bit more than just change shape to go from being an octopus to a squid!
  • blobbyh
    I guess Paul the fantastic predicting octopus didn't see this one coming, did he?

2582612636_7e89c4bb5f_o.jpg
  • blobbyh
    For those stilll remotely interested, Paul's just predicted Spain for the trophy on Sunday and Germany to win the third place play off tomorrow night.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/teams/spain/7881110/World-Cup-final-Paul-the-psychic-octopus-predicts-Spain-will-beat-Holland.html
  • Rinske
    I hope he is wrong!
  • taskey
    holland to win, germany 3rd
  • Rinske
    holland to win, germany 3rd
    Sounds good to me!
  • JayneHogan
    JayneHogan Registered Posts: 697 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Well, Tracey you were right about Germany being third. One of the strikers from Uruguay hit the crossbar in the very last minute so a little bit of luck was in there for you.
  • Rinske
    Grats Marga! (and Spain too) :)
  • Marga
    Thanks :) i didnt watch much of the match (was doing the drinking support instead!) but i believe we deserved to win compared to the dirty way the dutch played!
  • blobbyh
    Shame really. The Dutch have been renowned for being sublime at football ever since the seventies, but the way they played on Sunday evening will taint them for years. Uruguay have struggled for years with their dirty tag - even when they're not - and now Europe has found it's equivalent.
Privacy Policy