Blind Person's Allowance

Lisa BrookLisa Brook New MemberPosts: 10Registered

A little help please.

I have a self employed person who is registered with the local authority and can receive blind person's allowance. Because it's her first year of trading the allowance is not required. I know if we wish I could transfer it over to her spouse but he does not require it either. Does anyone know if I could carry it forward to 2010/2011 or do we lose it?

Many thanks



  • MonsoonMonsoon Font Of All Knowledge Posts: 4,071FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant
    I'm pretty sure the only concession is giving it to the spouse and if neither of them need it it's lost. My understanding is it works like the normal personal allowance. Not been in a situation where neither needed it so don't know definitively, but am pretty confident.
  • Lisa BrookLisa Brook New Member Posts: 10Registered
    On reflection I don't think you can carry it forward. Many thanks for your reply Monsoon.

    Have a good day

Sign In or Register to comment.