Gutted!

amyjayne27
amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
So I am revising for my FRA CBA in 19 days (and counting!)

I did the practice one on here tonight with all my books, notes etc and I still failed. I am so gutted, if I can't pass with all my books, how am I going to pass without?!

I'm asking what the best way to revise is? I am going through my notes but I really don't know where to start and feeling very glum about it all!

If anyone is in the same boat as me or is even doing the FRA CMA feel free to inbox me, as I would like to talk to someone whos on the same path as me. I am doing distance learning by the way, so maybe thats why I am struggling a bit!

Thanks for reading,

Amy

Comments

• snowmarauder
    snowmarauder Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    What do you think you are struggling on, or is it everything. Do you have paper exams and sims to practice on.

snowmarauder_whitmore@hotmail.com
  • amyjayne27
    Hi snow,

Well I think I understand the bulk of the unit, but when I go to do the practice exams the way they are worded really throws me off if that makes sense?

My main weaknesses are:
    Stock valuation
    Incomplete records
    Profit mark up and margin
    Appropriation
    Goodwill

I do distance learning so I haven't really got anyone to ask, and its not the same talking to someone on the phone. I just feel a bit glum about it all really but will try and stay positive, I will definately do my best. I do not want to fail as I have funded it all myself and would hate to waste all the money I have spent!

Amy
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Amy,

What really worked for me was going through all the past papers for the unit. I know you're doing the CBE rather than the written but it's the practice itself that counts. By doing the subjects over and over again they sink in and then you find, no matter how they are worded, you can tackle them.

Hope that helps a bit.

Jenny
  • snowmarauder
    Ive got tons of paper sims, exams and material off my tutor. As Jenny says they are a great help and you can keep refering back. I would attach some, but got to work out how to do it yet. x
  • snowmarauder
    Appropriation acc task

Try this one and assume the 50,000 has been accrued evenly throughout the year. Email it to me and see where you think you are going wrong or confused.
  • amyjayne27
    Thanks so much to both of you,

Snow I will do that one now and send it back over if thats okay.

If you have anything on stock valuation that would be great especially the methods i.e. FIFO, LIFO, AVCO as I really havent got to grips with it yet.

Jenny I will take your advice thank you, have started working through them and will do as many as I can.

Thanks again,

Amy
  • snowmarauder
    Got tons of stuff, do you understand the methods. I really enjoyed costing, when I eventually started to understand why. Our tutor must have been the worst one in the world xx
  • amyjayne27
    Ive pmed you snow. Im doing financial records but alot of it is costing isnt it, which is the bits I get stuck on! I have a profit from that excerise of -6750?! That cant be right?

Amy
  • snowmarauder
    Hi Amy, u did exactly what i did. Even though it gives you data, You still have to divide them by 2, as it is still the whole figure for the year in each section. Thats how I look at it anyway. Karen.
Privacy Policy