Interview questions and techniques

Options
A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Am a little out of practise and trying to think of good questions to ask any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    i think it can depend on the job applying

when i applied for the job i asked if there would be any training and what were the next jobs i could apply after being in the job for a period of time. how big is the department you are going to be working for.

thats what comes to mind
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Am a little out of practise and trying to think of good questions to ask any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance :)

If I was you I would ask if you will be able to go on the AAT Forum while you are working! lol
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Ask how the company is doing financially, and how its being effected by the economy.
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    As PGM says, make sure you ask about them. Depending on what position you're looking for you may have already asked for their accounts before the interview. If not, definitely ask when you're there - after all, you need to know if they are going to be worth working for.

I didn't get a job quite a few years ago simply because I hadn't phoned before the interview for a full set of accounts and the other candiate who scored as I did in the interview had done so! Taught me a valuable lesson so the last interview I had, I credit checked the firm as soon as I had the details and then asked for the last two years audited accounts.
  • JayneHogan
    JayneHogan Registered Posts: 697 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi Jenny,

How do you credit check a company? I am interested as I have interviews at the moment as well.

Yours,

Jayne
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Jenny,

How do you credit check a company? I am interested as I have interviews at the moment as well.

Yours,

Jayne

Hi Jayne,

I use a system at work called Creditsafe which is an online credit checking facility showing accounts filed, CCJs etc. I use it for customers, suppliers and competitors (when I'm feeling nosey!).

If you want me to check a particular company for you let me know their full name and address and I'll do a search for you.

Jenny
  • A-Vic
    Options
    If I was you I would ask if you will be able to go on the AAT Forum while you are working! lol

i cant even do that now at work :( lol
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi folks

Not been here for a while, I've just lost my job and found a new one in the past fortnight.

One question I think is worth asking; 'what time can I come in in the mornings and can I stay late to work, or take work home if I want?'

I often do work early, late or at home and I think it shows that I'm not averse to working.

Good luck Vic! ;)
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi Anniem!
    Are you alright, how is the new hip, are you happily running around on your own again now? And what is the new job like?
    Sounds pretty unexpected to loose your job that quick, did the company have troubles?
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    anniem wrote: ยป
    Hi folks

Not been here for a while, I've just lost my job and found a new one in the past fortnight.

One question I think is worth asking; 'what time can I come in in the mornings and can I stay late to work, or take work home if I want?'

I often do work early, late or at home and I think it shows that I'm not averse to working.

Good luck Vic! ;)

You have been missed! x
  • A-Vic
    Options
    anniem wrote: ยป
    Hi folks

Good luck Vic! ;)

Hey there stranger sorry to hear about the job front but better news you managed to get another.

Thats a good one thanks its noted
Privacy Policy