AAT to ACCA - Exemptions

Options
Morris1871
Morris1871 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
Hi

I took four AAT Technician exams in June and am confident that I have passed them all. Currently I am completing Unit 15 as my optional unit, which seems simple enough.

The only Unit I have yet to complete, on the assumption I will pass the four June exams and Unit 15, is the Unit 10 project.

I pretty much have to enrol for the ACCA in September and have a couple of questions.

An assessor at BPP has informed me that to apply for exemptions re Unit 10 I had to have submitted it be 28th May. I then spoke with the ACCA and was informed that I can only apply for exemptions when I have the full AAT qualification, so even if I have everything passed bar Unit 10, no exemptions can be granted.

Does anyone know if this is correct? Also, is starting/finishing Unit 10 by mid-August too ambitious and now seemingly pointless?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Comments

• tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Morris1871 wrote: »
    Hi

I took four AAT Technician exams in June and am confident that I have passed them all. Currently I am completing Unit 15 as my optional unit, which seems simple enough.

The only Unit I have yet to complete, on the assumption I will pass the four June exams and Unit 15, is the Unit 10 project.

I pretty much have to enrol for the ACCA in September and have a couple of questions.

An assessor at BPP has informed me that to apply for exemptions re Unit 10 I had to have submitted it be 28th May. I then spoke with the ACCA and was informed that I can only apply for exemptions when I have the full AAT qualification, so even if I have everything passed bar Unit 10, no exemptions can be granted.

Does anyone know if this is correct? Also, is starting/finishing Unit 10 by mid-August too ambitious and now seemingly pointless?

Any advice will be much appreciated.
    Hi -

You do need the full AAT qualification (including Unit 10) to get any exemptions. Also, you did not have to have applied for your exemptions by 28th May. I only just applied for mine last week and it will be decided when the exam results are emailed to ACCA on 13th August. I am enrolled for ACCA, but if for some reason, I don't pass my PCR exam, I will just have to wait until January to begin. I believe the final cutoff to get your exemptions for September ACCA is to notify AAT by August 11th. I'm sure there is a thread somewhere on here about applying for exemptions. Anyone?
  • angharadmai
    angharadmai Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    It is not impossible to start and finish the Unit 10 project by mid August. I started and completed mine within 3 to 4 weeks. If you put your mind to it, and get on with it, you will have plenty of time!

Angharad
Privacy Policy