Unit 10 layout

Options
stuartander
stuartander Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi,

Would someone mind giving me an explaination for each section of the report, i no i have seen it on here before but cant seen to find it.
Please help!!

Thanks

stuart

Comments

• tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi,

Would someone mind giving me an explaination for each section of the report, i no i have seen it on here before but cant seen to find it.
    Please help!!

Thanks

stuart
    look on the e-learning section or you can type in Unit 10 in the search box and it should point you in the right direction.
  • scooby132300
    scooby132300 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi, my lecturer sent me the following which i am attempting to stick to:

- title page

- contents or index page

- terms of reference - the objective - why are you undertaking this review?

- executive / management summary - the conclusion or summary - a condensed version (1 page) of your findings and recommendations

- methodology - how you approached the project - testing, questionnaires, observations etc

- introduction

- analysis and evaluation of current system - what does the system do today - what are its problems - make the reader understand what needs to be changed and why

- recommendations - what are you going to improve / change / update and why - ensure you have rationale for making changes

- cost benefit analysis - if the cost of the improvements outweighs the benefit - why would you change? this is your chance for analysis that shows the £ benefit of your changes eg reduced errors, improved turnover, lower wastage etc

- appendices - include relevant supporting information, tables graphs, research

- managers authenticity - endorsement from your manager at work

- mapping to aat student record by paragraph number

This has helped me loads in the order and what to include etc, hope it helps the same for you.....

now how to number flamin paragraphs ha ha ha
  • katz568
    katz568 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    To number paragraphs I numbered each section (e.g. 2. Terms of Reference) and then each paragraph was numbered onwards eg:

It was easy to then refer to the appropriate bit when doing the mapping to student records.
    HTH
    Katrina
  • scooby132300
    scooby132300 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Cheers for that, it looks kind of unprofessional with having numbers at the side... but spose thats how it has to be
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi, my lecturer sent me the following which i am attempting to stick to:

- title page
    - contents or index page
    - terms of reference - the objective - why are you undertaking this review?
    - executive / management summary - the conclusion or summary - a condensed version (1 page) of your findings and recommendations
    - methodology - how you approached the project - testing, questionnaires, observations etc
    - introduction
    - analysis and evaluation of current system - what does the system do today - what are its problems - make the reader understand what needs to be changed and why
    - recommendations - what are you going to improve / change / update and why - ensure you have rationale for making changes
    - cost benefit analysis - if the cost of the improvements outweighs the benefit - why would you change? this is your chance for analysis that shows the £ benefit of your changes eg reduced errors, improved turnover, lower wastage etc
    - appendices - include relevant supporting information, tables graphs, research
    - managers authenticity - endorsement from your manager at work
    - mapping to aat student record by paragraph number
    This has helped me loads in the order and what to include etc, hope it helps the same for you.....
    now how to number flamin paragraphs ha ha ha

My provider is saying that I must use the headings in my book?! Surely you should follow a general guide like the one you posted and try to stick as much as possible to it, but not follow EXACTLY a particular heading?
    I'm sure the headings also have to match the content of your report?
Privacy Policy