PAYE Holiday Scheme

Options
A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Has anyone come across this or even any other info for it?

Comments

• cobbles
    cobbles Registered Posts: 30 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I first heard about this scheme last Saturday at AAT's CPD workshop Tax Planning for Family Company's - this is the revenue trying to prevent the fall out of the NI increases from April 2011 and potential IR35 cases as small business will try to avoid taking on employee's because of the high costs involved
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Cheers - Could be good for new businesses
  • payrollpro
    payrollpro Registered Posts: 427 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    The rule is that new employers will be exempt from up to the first £5k of ERS NIC for the first 10 employees they take on.

Its not that brilliant and we can expect anti forestalling measures to prevent employers shutting their businesses and then starting them up again to take advantage, it has to be a genuine new business and they have to be new employees for it to work.

We will apparently be getting all the details in the autumn, after a bit of consultation I hope.

Payrollpro
  • A-Vic
    Options
    payrollpro wrote: »
    The rule is that new employers will be exempt from up to the first £5k of ERS NIC for the first 10 employees they take on.

Its not that brilliant and we can expect anti forestalling measures to prevent employers shutting their businesses and then starting them up again to take advantage, it has to be a genuine new business and they have to be new employees for it to work.

We will apparently be getting all the details in the autumn, after a bit of consultation I hope.

Payrollpro

Thanks PP - i think i read somewhere there will be an announcement at some point this month?
Privacy Policy