Does level 4 give you a good idea of what CIMA and ACCA are like?

Options
Kregna
Kregna Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
I'm not sure which I want to study once I've finished level 4 (start in September). I was wondering whether the units covered in the technician level are similar to those studied in CIMA/ACCA? If so, it would help me decide which type of accounting I enjoy more.

Thank you for any answers

Comments

• Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Yes the Financial CIMA Pillar and the Management Accounting pillar follow on, there is the third pillar though that deals with a lot of theories on management and other topics. Try looking on the CIMA website at the syllabus breakdown per paper.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    Content is similar. There are topics to learn, but more significantly you will need to manage exam time pressures which is something AAT exams try to avoid.

You will come across exams where you simply will not have enough time to finish in the time. But you will pass if you achieve 50% or more.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Kregna
    Kregna Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Oh I hadn't even considered there being different times for exams... Thank you for the heads up!
  • stuartander
    stuartander Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Does anyone know if we have to sit the ACCA papers in any particular order, as in F4,F5 etc or can you just do random.

Thanks
    Stuart
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    No need to sit the exams in order within the level. for example you can take F4-9 in any order but you can't take P1-5 until all the F's are completed (or the last lot being taken).
Privacy Policy