Sage COA errors

nikkym
nikkym Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
When I run a TB on sage, it is not in balance. I've seen lots of posts on the internet that it may be because the COA is incomplete. I've checked the COA to include any missing nominal codes but I'm still receiving the warning that it is incomplete! I've even set up a new one that just goes from lowest to highest and I'm still being getting the warning of an incomplete COA :(
Has anyone else seen this before?

Comments

• jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Nikky,

It does sound like your COA is out. The most likely explanation is that new nominal codes have been added but are not included in the COA. The easiest way to check would be to print of the TB and then open up the COA and go through each section ticking off the sections (ie 4000 - 4999) to make sure none are missing.

The other possibility is that something might not be listed as 'floating' ie like one of the bank accounts which could be an asset or liability depending on whether it's in credit or not. If it wasn't marked as floating that could cause the COA to have a bit of a hissy fit.

That's all I can think of for now anyway.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    When you go into the CoA function, there is a 'check' button (you might have to hit 'Edit' first) which will tell you what's wrong if there is anything.

If that isn't throwing out any errors then I can only guess there must be something corrupt in the file, as Jenny says either there's an account missing or a floating account isn't in right, I can't think of anything else.
  • nikkym
    nikkym Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks for your replies. I have since spoken to Sage, who say the COA problem I'm experiencing is a known issue caused by running a year end and they are working on a fix. That's great for software that's been out for 18 months+!! I also managed to resolve the TB problem with Sage by changing the financial year and then changing it back.
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You're not using version 15 by any chance are you? I just upgraded mine this week and have been having all sorts of problems. I couldn't print any pdf files for a start - known issue again.

I hate changing things!!!!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    ...and this is why I don't use Sage, bloated bit of kit that it is!

Glad you found out what it was (bit of a shame it's not fixable straight away though)
  • snowmarauder
    snowmarauder Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Could you tell me what COA is please as im just brushing up on my Sage as havent used it for ages and I dont think my stand alone version has it, thanks x
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    COA = Chart of Accounts

Your SAGE will have it. It is the layout of the Accounts.
  • snowmarauder
    snowmarauder Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    oh yes, im just a bit slow on the abbs xx
Privacy Policy