Ideas for extra experience?

Options
steveJ
steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
Hello all,

Im currently working as a billing Clerk for Ford Motor Company. Ive improved a few processes regarding invoicing, but am looking to improve my experience. I want to try for promotion sometime in the near future and was just wondering if any of you had any ideas on what i could go onto ?

Would any of you have any ideas on what i could possibly ask my boss to let me help work on ?

Hope this is clear enough...LoL

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    You could maybe consider moving into the treasury department of Ford such as making and receiving payments or progessing onto the higher levels of ledger work (which I'd imagine to be huge and highly compex)?

Since you enjoy the recommendation and implementation of improvements, I assume that Ford have a quality control department conforming to ISO standards? If so, have you considered applying to become an internal auditor? (For those seeing the word audit, this isn't used in the accounting sense, but in the quality control process however I'd imagine the disciplines for both aren't that far removed i.e. an investigative nature and tenacious).

It won't necessarily help further your accounting side of things but it could give you more niche expertise within such a large company and guide you to another strand of your career path to complement or replace your current role.
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Since you enjoy the recommendation and implementation of improvements, I assume that Ford have a quality control department conforming to ISO standards? If so, have you considered applying to become an internal auditor? (For those seeing the word audit, this isn't used in the accounting sense, but in the quality control process however I'd imagine the disciplines for both aren't that far removed i.e. an investigative nature and tenacious).

Funny enough we have a guy in the office who deals with the internal audit on quality. Dealing with blackbelt projects and also does a lot of work on the environmental aspect of the business.

I also work with the internal controller of the office. What kind of roles or jobs could i maybe take from him ?
Privacy Policy