Assessment plan unit 10

Options
crissy
crissy Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
Hi all,

Just a quick question. Im working on my assessment plan for unit 10 and im not sure how deeply I have to get into the questions, for ex:

- List below your ideas for initial research for this project, include who you will interview and any paperwork, procedures and reports you will review. Do I actually just list my ideas or do I explain a bit more?

I read somewhere that it should take about an hour to get the assessment plan ready to submit to the tutor but in my case is taking many hours as Im not sure if Im saying to little and then end up looking for more information to include..

Any answers are welcome!! Im dong the Spartans Builders Ltd by the way..

Cheers everyone

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    i just did the outlines of what i was writing about, who i would get the info from etc. nothing detailed as it is just for your assesor to say good idea or not.

Tracy
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I'm sick to death of this Unit, today I send it out just to get it off my sight. Endless complications and zero information from providers, completely left on my own to deal with everything.

Sorry for the rant, but I do really hate it. The worst unit after MAC.
  • crissy
    Options
    Ok thanks, I want to finish it today so I can submit to the tutor and see what they say.. not very optimistic as I have no idea of what im doing!! Hopefully once I get started it will all make more sense..

Lucky you who have already got rid of it!
  • Londina
    Options
    crissy wrote: »
    Lucky you who have already got rid of it!

oh well, don't call me lucky because I'm not!! I have to send it out because this is the only method to get some feedbacks, my tutor doesn't check drafts, I have no idea how I'm getting on and so best to send the whole thing out, as there isn't anything more I can do
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Assessment Plan

Under NVQ you are required to plan your work and show that you are meeting your deadline. Assessment plan can also be shown that you are meeting the Unit 10 PC10.1A criteria

Basically just show how and when do you plan to start and finish your project

For Example:

Stages of work...............................................................Date planned to complete.........Date completed

Stage 1: Plan agreed with Assessor..........................................20.7.10.

Stage 2: Evaluate Employees of the Organisation.......................25.7.10

Stage 3: Evaluate Contingency Plan..........................................30.7.10

Stage 4: Evaluation of current system........................................4.8.10

Stage 5: Evaluate Fraud possibilities...........................................6.8.10

Stage 6: Evaluation of Cost Benfit............................................10.8.10

Stage 7: Write up Report........................................................16.8.10

Stage 8: Complete Report......................................................25.8.10

Stage 9: Checklists & final documentation.................................30.8.10

Stage 10: Final assessment Interview........................................7.9.10

Studen's Signature................................Date...........................

Assessor's signature..............................Date.........................

To plan the above it's taken me 10 minutes. But, then I know what I am doing.

be careful to plan your project. Realistical you should allow anything between 6 to 10 week from start to finish and you MUST work constantly and consitently. It should take anything between 30 and 40 hours work of research, write and re-write.

If you get stuck on anything just PM me and I will try and help you if I can.

There is another document called "PROJECT PROPOSAL"

This a general document where you will work on an out line of your project. A very brief description. and you could use bullet points for this.

1- brief description of your organisation:
    2-brief description of the accounting department you have chosen to analyse:
    3- briefly eveluate staff working in that department. (age, qualifications, past work experience, current work experience, training needs, could cover other departments)
    4 contingency planing - sick, holidays, overlaond of work
    5 SWOT analysis of chosen dept - Mainly Weaknesses identified ( at least 4)
    6 From the 4 weaknesses identify a weakness on which you could easily write about preventing a possible FRAUD
    7 From the 4 weaknesses identify a weakness on which you could easily write a cost and benefit analysis (on your recommendations on improvements of the weakness)

Hope this is helpful to you.
  • crissy
    Options
    Oh Oh, Londina you are scaring me now! I'll keep posting on how it goes.. Good luck to you!
  • crissy
    Options
    Thanks for that SDV !
  • Londina
    Options
    sdv wrote: »
    Under NVQ you are required to plan your work and show that you are meeting your deadline. Assessment plan can also be shown that you are meeting the Unit 10 PC10.1A criteria
    Basically just show how and when do you plan to start and finish your project
    To plan the above it's taken me 10 minutes. But, then I know what I am doing..

Did you plan this with your tutor/assessors? I did a similar plan for myself (submit project plan form 1/05, finish project 31/5) however what's the point when my times don't match the provider's ones? I did send out the form in time, but they sent it back on the 24/5....so plan is messed up.
    Also I have not been given deadlines.

be careful to plan your project. you MUST work constantly and consitently. It should take anything between 30 and 40 hours work of research, write and re-write

Which reasearches? I had my idea and I wrote everything following every criteria. I didn't do any charts, appendix etc.

There is another document called "PROJECT PROPOSAL"
    This a general document where you will work on an out line of your project. A very brief description. and you could use bullet points for this.

My project proposal wasn't at all a brief description, 8 pages to fill with bullet points of each criteria, looks like I was filling the evidence form! It took me days to fill that project proposal form.

SDV, I appreciate your help and also the help received by other studends, but at the end of the day I paid for a provider and it's their responsibility to assist me with this project and give me all support needed. Otherwise I would do completely on my own this unit with your the help of the forum. Shame it's not possibile, but at the moment I've been wasting time and money, causing just stress and frustrations.

Crissy, good luck too with yours, I'm sure it will not be that bad, like mine!!
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Londina wrote: »
    Did you plan this with your tutor/assessors? I did a similar plan for myself (submit project plan form 1/05, finish project 31/5) however what's the point when my times don't match the provider's ones? I did send out the form in time, but they sent it back on the 24/5....so plan is messed up.
    Also I have not been given deadlines.

I had an advantage in that I went to a local college and all my tutors face to face including my tutoor for unit 10. We had an invidual tutorial system, where students would book a 1-2-1 meeting to discuss any aspect of their course. I took full advatage of that service. There were many of my fellow students who did not need that support and were quiet happy to do the project on their own.

The assessemtn plan is only a PLAN. A plan is agreed with both the Assessor's and student's convinence. It has to be negotiated between the two parties. Generally I find that the Assessors will normally accommodate the students. However, with the distance learning it may not be possible, because in the private sector it is all about cost effective delivery of the course.

You can agree a deadline with your tutor at any time. You can complete the work on time, before time or even after time. All you are doing is to demonatrate that you have a structure for completing your work.
    Which reasearches? I had my idea and I wrote everything following every criteria. I didn't do any charts, appendix etc.

you need to research on the FRAUD element of the project. You will need to research on the working effectively within and organisation. I noticed that Sandy/or someone else provided you with the links on the MOTIVATION part of the knowledge and understanding.

I had to research on my cost and benefit analysis sections to make sure that all my costs were realistic.
    My project proposal wasn't at all a brief description, 8 pages to fill with bullet points of each criteria, looks like I was filling the evidence form! It took me days to fill that project proposal form.

A proposal plan is an outline of your project. You can be as brief or as detailed as you like. The purpose of an out line is to help the tutuor to guide you to be on a straignt and a narrow path.

If your proposal is very detailed, then that's excellent. Your tutor will have a detailed idea on what you are writing your project on AND you will have done all the research that you need to do anyway, after writing a brief proposal.

The detailed proposal has been to your advantage.
    ............... but at the end of the day I paid for a provider and it's their responsibility to assist me with this project and give me all support needed. Otherwise I would do completely on my own this unit with your the help of the forum. Shame it's not possibile, but at the moment I've been wasting time and money, causing just stress and frustrations.

I believe that you are a distance learning student. Therefore the time allocated to your tutor will be limited. He/she will have to manage your project/support/feedback/guidence etc within that time to be cost effective.

At best of times, getting students to complete their projects is like pulling out a wisdom tooth.

But when a tutor gets a student like you who is determined to get the project completed ASAP, it is a blessing.

However, none of us like a contnstant needy/demanding person. Especially when that person considers that it is their RIGHT because they paid for their course. In my experience I have found my tutors to go beyond their duty and at times they have also not given me an appointment to see them because they had a lot on their plate. OK! so It took a little bit longer for me to complete my project, but by maintining a good relationship with my tutors I have benefited more then they have benefited from me.

In time I may be able to repay them by offering work experence to our tutor's (college's)students.
  • katz568
    katz568 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I did mine through college so didn't have to complete a written assessment plan etc, I had an interview with my tutor and said that I was going to use the simulation and which areas of the simulation I was going to concentrate on.
    This was written down on a monitoring sheet along with when he could expect my first draft etc and signed by both of us.
    I too did the Sparton Builders Ltd sim and found so much wrong with it that it was difficult to limit myself to the said areas (and the word limits!)
    Good luck
  • Londina
    Options
    However, none of us like a contnstant needy/demanding person. Especially when that person considers that it is their RIGHT because they paid for their course.

Demanding....SDV what's wrong asking the same service that other students received from their providers? I just want to do and submit this project in the correct way possible, but without any feedback from tutors, this make the mission even more difficult.
    And yes, I paid for a service, therefore I should receive something. Do you think a client pays you to provide consultancy and you decide to leave it when it's only convenient for you?
    Do you think students switch providers because they fancy a change? If the support is low, you move into someone else.
    In my experience I have found my tutors to go beyond their duty and at times they have also not given me an appointment to see them because they had a lot on their plate. OK! so It took a little bit longer for me to complete my project, but by maintining a good relationship with my tutors I have benefited more then they have benefited from me.

Lucky you, with my Diploma level I didn't find any.
    In my intermediate level, I had a very good tutor who was always available for help.

Unfortunately not all the tutors are the same.
Privacy Policy