AAT & The Big 4

RittyLeigh
RittyLeigh Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
Afternoon,

Can anyone help?
Im looking into Graduate Schemes with any of the big 4,(PWC, Ernest Young, Deloitte and KPMG) as an interest as soon as my AAT is completed in December. Does anyone know if having AAT is classes as your degree. I know its worth 180 UCAS points and doesnt get graded the same, but with that in mind, does that mean i havent enough to meet their requirements with my AAT?

Sorry if i seem a little lost.... But i am...

Thanks in advance
Rikki

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Afternoon,

Can anyone help?
    Im looking into Graduate Schemes with any of the big 4,(PWC, Ernest Young, Deloitte and KPMG) as an interest as soon as my AAT is completed in December. Does anyone know if having AAT is classes as your degree. I know its worth 180 UCAS points and doesnt get graded the same, but with that in mind, does that mean i havent enough to meet their requirements with my AAT?

Thanks in advance
    Rikki

as far as am aware level 4 is the same as the first year of a degree
  • RittyLeigh
    Well i was under the impression that it was - but with it not being graded the same i wasnt sure how they would regard ti

Thanks though :)
  • RittyLeigh
    Also..

If thsts the case that it only counts as first year of a degree - does completion of ACCA or CIMA count as the other 2 years, as i thought these were higher again....
  • A-Vic
    yep thats the way i understand it
  • CrazySexyCool
    CrazySexyCool Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    Lol AAT is so much harder than my degree was! I actually have to study to do well!
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi there, I found that when I registered with ACA for the fastrack program (free) I started getting emails inviting me to apply for the larger firms. In the past month I've had them from KPMG, PWC & Grant Thornton. The people at KPMG said it would be through the experienced professional route. They have advisors ready on the phone every lunchtime, phone number on their website, so it could be worth giving them a call if that's the way you want to go. Good luck!
  • Glynis
    Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Ooh I think I'll look into this!
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Afternoon,

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
    Rikki

What I understand the AAT is the equivilant of the first 2 years of a degree. Once you completed the AAT you can then go onto a completion award at uni which is the same as the final year of a degree.

Martin
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I was under the impression that once you have AAT you can apply for graduate posts. It's happened at the last 2 firms I've worked for and I understand it happens at other local firms but probably not the big4!
  • A-Vic
    really i didnt know that i thought you had to wait till degree status - ooo intresting thanks gem
Privacy Policy