Unit 32 - Prof Ethics extra questions

Options
s_deards
s_deards Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
Hi all

I have to answer two extra questions to complete my Professional Ethics unit. I can't get my head around what they are asking and see what they might be looking for in an answer.
The questions are:

What is meant by 'without financial responsibility'?

What is meant by the term 'subject to limitations'?

Can anyone help me?? I can't seem to find anything relating to these in the Kaplan Distance Learning book.

Thank you

Suzie

Comments

• scooby27
    scooby27 Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    the same problem:)

Hi Suzie,

it looks like we have the same question for correction - definition of "without financial responsibility"..

I hope we will get some instructions and help from here - I cannot find the answer in my Kaplan study book...:(
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    google is good or wikipidia
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I'm having the same problem, cannot understand what they mean, the question is too vague and short, they should put it in a contest!
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Londina wrote: Β»
    I'm having the same problem, cannot understand what the meant, the question is too vague and short, they should put it in a contest!

Would that be the professional ethics quiz?! :lol:
  • Londina
    Options
    jilt wrote: Β»
    Would that be the professional ethics quiz?! :lol:

you are saying that the questions are in the quiz? I'm going to have a look
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    No no Londina, I'm sorry I was being silly, I was referring to the fact that you wrote contest when I think you meant context.
  • Londina
    Options
    jilt wrote: Β»
    No no Londina, I'm sorry I was being silly, I was referring to the fact that you wrote contest when I think you meant context.

aaaahhhhh I see! damn English words, so similar to each others ;-)
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    There isn't really much on Google as regards the first one but there are slight hints:

"It is illegal to drive a vehicle without (proof of) financial responsibility." i.e. suitable car insurance. Carrying this across to AAT world, it would be fair to say that it would be unethical to operate as an MIP without having PII (the 'financial responsibility') in place. Outside AAT world, this shouldn't imply wrongdoing in every case, as in some instances, 'financial responsibility' may not necessarily be required to legally fulfill a certain function.

The second one is much simpler and something we come across in everyday life, even if we don't know it. The granting of a driving licence or the right to listen to purchased music are all subject to limitations. You may drive a car on a standard licence but not an HGV. You may listen to purchased music but not copy, lend it or play it publicly. In AAT world, an MIP licence would be 'subject to limitations' in that you should only ethically offer services that you are capable of adequately doing and are within your current competence level. In theory, ongoing CPD will expand this competence level allowing you to offer more services while also demonstrating to the regulating body that you are skilled enough to meet your current work requirements.
  • Londina
    Options
    Cheers Blobbyh, great explanation!
Privacy Policy