ACCA Regsistration Woes

Options
C2XVT
C2XVT Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
I registered with the ACCA today, everything went through fine, although their website was really vague on what they wanted as "supporting documentation" with the application.

I gave the Glasgow office a call, and they want:

- Copy of passport
- Passport photo

And certificates of 2 x A-levels and 5 x GCSE's including English and Maths.

Now I have enough A-levels and GCSE's, but where do I get these 10+ year old certificates from?

Comments

• stuartander
    stuartander Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    C2XVT wrote: »
    And certificates of 2 x A-levels and 5 x GCSE's including English and Maths.

Do you have to suppliy this then even if you have finished AAT. If so Y??
  • C2XVT
    C2XVT Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Just rang ACCA up again and they said that I can

a) send them the GCSE's and A-level certs

or

b) send them an official statement of achievement from AAT showing completion of Level 3 (intermediate) and that way I can arrange for AAT to send the Tech results direct to ACCA.

Should be easier to get hold of the AAT stuff rather than GCSE, although they wont accept print-out, statement would have to be official from AAT (letterheaded etc)
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thanks for that last post - I can only find my O Level pass letter (not certificates). I didn't go to the Founders Day things after exams at school or college as I was too embarassed to go up on stage & collect the paperwork. My Mum moved house at around the time I would have got my A level certificates (22 years ago), & I was really worrying whether not having them would prevent me from registering.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    I have learned something I didn't know already.
    I thought that so long as you joined ACCA and had a membership number the next step was to authorise the aat to pass your results across.

Clearly proof ID is essential to joining, but I never knew that GCSEs (or O levels) and A'level certificates had any relevance.

CIMA are usually very similar to ACCA, but here is a difference. If you pass AAT technician and haven't an A'level or GCSE it doesn't matter at all. The AAT Technician will provide your evidence for exemption applications.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • nicki25
    nicki25 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I enrolled with ACCA the other week online and when I finished registering it asked for me to send an application form along with copy of my Passport and an upto date photo. I have then informed AAT to inform ACCA of my final results (Hopefully a pass). This was enough for them.

I was a little confused about the payment side as I entered my bank details online and when registration was finished it mentioned that I had to send a payment along with my application. I called ACCA and they informed me you dont have to do this as they will automatically deduct £69.00 from your bank details I entered online!

Hope this helps and makes sense!
  • msami4
    msami4 Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    C2XVT wrote: »
    Just rang ACCA up again and they said that I can

a) send them the GCSE's and A-level certs

or

b) send them an official statement of achievement from AAT showing completion of Level 3 (intermediate) and that way I can arrange for AAT to send the Tech results direct to ACCA.

Should be easier to get hold of the AAT stuff rather than GCSE, although they wont accept print-out, statement would have to be official from AAT (letterheaded etc)

You can call AAT contact center and get the statement of achievement from them via email, that's enough for registration with ACCA.At least in my case it was, they registered me on that basis.
Privacy Policy