I Rest my Case

Options
jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
There has been several posts on here of recent when Beverley Hudson has said that Steve and Sandy are not qualified to be helping students with their studies. If you read the post that meibaker started regarding "consolidated accounts" you will see who is the more qualified person to help students on here. Beverley claims to be a "proper" tuition provider but clearly Steve know more about it than she does...................................I rest my case!

Comments

• jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I agree!
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I just got one small nuance to that, not saying you're wrong, but Beverly didn't want to them to give revision courses, she didn't say they weren't supposed to help here. I think she said that was nice or something silly like that.

Anyways, I think Steve knows more than the lot of us together on financial statements and auditing, so not sure if you can compare anyone with him on those subjects...

I'm not defending anyone here, just stating my opinion...
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Rinske wrote: Β»
    I just got one small nuance to that, not saying you're wrong, but Beverly didn't want to them to give revision courses, she didn't say they weren't supposed to help here. I think she said that was nice or something silly like that.

Anyways, I think Steve knows more than the lot of us together on financial statements and auditing, so not sure if you can compare anyone with him on those subjects...

I'm not defending anyone here, just stating my opinion...

Maybe I wrote the post wrongly I didnt just mean on here I meant in general. Beverley stated that students should be using proper tuition providers. From what I remember of the posts there were a lot of people upset by what she said. She was corrected by Steve who said that he didnt try and teach students at his courses he stated that they were in fact revision days. My point is Steve who is not "qualified" to teach knew more about goodwill in consolidations than Beverley did who supposedly is "qualified" to teach.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Yeah, while I don't like to criticise (too much!), the only things I remember from Bev's posts are disapproval of Steve/Sandy's courses, or incorrect technical advice which is then corrected by Steve! not good really.

If only she told us who she worked for. She would have more credibility if she was open.
  • Rinske
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: Β»
    Maybe I wrote the post wrongly I didnt just mean on here I meant in general. Beverley stated that students should be using proper tuition providers. From what I remember of the posts there were a lot of people upset by what she said. She was corrected by Steve who said that he didnt try and teach students at his courses he stated that they were in fact revision days. My point is Steve who is not "qualified" to teach knew more about goodwill in consolidations than Beverley did who supposedly is "qualified" to teach.
    I agree with you and I was annoyed with a few of her posts too, but thought before we end up in a whingefest about her I'll make a small comment about it.

She didn't seem to know the difference between revision and tutoring courses (or rather she didn't bother making the distinction) and it wouldn't be much good if we now started to compare revision courses with help on the forums.
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    i thought you were going to talk about variances :p
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Marga wrote: Β»
    i thought you were going to talk about variances :p

Are you saying all I talk about is Variances? lol

I am still waiting to hear what you have to say about Variances Marga.

I have decided to forget about them until after my holidays. I am planning on doing some of my Business Tax Unit before Friday and then start worrying about MAC again when I come back.

We get our exam results the day I come back to work after my holidays..........what a welcome back eh!
  • jewels.p
    Options
    I agree with you and I was annoyed with a few of her posts too, but thought before we end up in a whingefest about her I'll make a small comment about it.

She didn't seem to know the difference between revision and tutoring courses (or rather she didn't bother making the distinction) and it wouldn't be much good if we now started to compare revision courses with help on the forums.

Whinge..............me never! I am not going to get upset about it I come off on holiday on Friday so I am happy happy happy today!
  • Rinske
    Options
    Ooh that's good news indeed. I just got back last week, but it feels like I need another one now.

Are you going somewhere nice and warm?

I didn't mean to say you (or anyone else) were whingy though, my wording was just badly done there....
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Ooh that's good news indeed. I just got back last week, but it feels like I need another one now.

Are you going somewhere nice and warm?

I didn't mean to say you (or anyone else) were whingy though, my wording was just badly done there....

I am going across to the West Coast of Scotland. So no it probably wont be nice and warm more like wet and cold lol but I dont care the scenery is fantastic and I just want to chill out! As I am on the wrong side of 30 I now try and not get too much sun as I need to try and keep the wrinkles at bay. Failing that I could always get botox like Jordan but then I would look plastic and wouldnt be able to smile!

Its hard sometimes getting the wording right on here cause what you are trying to say is sometimes read completely differently by other people.

Where was you on holiday was you somewhere warm?
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Has this forum found a New GLYNIS in BEVERLEY?

It is good to read praises for good work done by Steve and Sandy (S&S).

As far as I can see all the active members on this forum has posted at least one post defending or praising S&S

Both S&S have humbly answered Beverly and her concerns.

By continuously attacking Beverly directly or inderectly on the forum, devavles the creditibility of this forum and it's members, not to say that this type of behaviour brings AAT into disrepute

After Glynis and now Beverly's debacle posts, I don't feel comfortable on this forum.

Are WE/YOU as the members of this forum saying that a controversial posts should not be posteded here?

Correct me if I am wrong, but did I not read that as a member of this student's forum I am NOT allowed to advertise any teaching courses, teaching material or revision courses on this forum?

there is a separare revision course forum where anybody can post there services there, but before it apprears there I understand that AAT will actually VET those posts before it appears on the forum.

I believe that AAT has recognised both S&S's contribution on this forum, the help and support given to AAT's student members. That's why S&S have not been challenged by this forums adminstrators for advertising their revision courses here. I commend AAT for this recognition and as a result many, many students have benefited from the contributions of S&S and their revision courses.

However, personal attacks on a member of this forum should not be accepted, no matter how much we may disagree with them.
  • jewels.p
    Options
    I was not attacking Beverley I was merely stating a point after all the upset she caused to other members. I have the right to comment on here just like she does.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Not so sure this thread is a good idea but ho hum...
  • beverly hudson
    beverly hudson Registered Posts: 95 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I have already stated I a previous thread that I teach my own students. I do not work for a FE college or tuition provider such ad Kaplan FTC or BPP but I have taught at our local college on a freelance basis.

I am sorry if you feel my opinions are 'out of line' but I still stand by them as I am entitled to. Once again I will state that I am not disputing the knowledge of Steve or Sandy - I have read Steve's articles and know full well he is respected for his work. My opinions were merely to highlight that tuition providers alone should be left to teach students.

In terms of the error in the goodwill thread this was an oversight on my part which is easily done when you are planning courses for the next lot of exams.
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    It's not neccessarily that your opinions are out of line - it's just that many of us have utter respect for the work the work that Steve & Sandy do on here. Lots of us students are fairly mature, & we can easily recognise those folks who want to help us out of passion for their subject, & those who get people through exams because it's 'their job'. There are givers & takers in this world, & we know which catagory Steve & Sandy fall into.
    It might help peoples' perception of you if you were to contribute a little more towards general questions posed by struggling student members - all expertise is very welcome on here!
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I do not work for a FE college or tuition provider such ad Kaplan FTC or BPP

So how would I go about enrolling on your approved course?
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Gem7321 wrote: Β»
    So how would I go about enrolling on your approved course?

Exactly, what everybody wants to know!!

Beverly please answer!
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Seriously, please all leave this one alone and let Beverley salvage her pride and reputation rather than continuing to destroy them...
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Having read the previous threads it appears to me that students really need to determine what works best for them.

Some students may agree with Sandy and others with Beverley but at the end of the day it's all about passing exams.

I studied my foundation year at a college and found the organisation and structuring of the course deplorable. In the intermediate and technician years I decided to study out of the Osbourne texts and teach myself at home which proved to be very successful for me personally.

The bottom line is simple. I don't believe there is ever a right or wrong way to study if it works for you as an individual and the results achieved by the student are positive.

For some students the right way is revising with Sandy, for others it may be study with Kaplan.

I have to say though there is one issue which really irritates me and that is the marketing approach of providers like Kaplan and BPP.

Yesterday I received a marketing leaflet for AAT study from Kaplan, which was a waste of time given I'm now studying ACCA. I feel these marketing leaflets simply belittle the sheer effort required to pass AAT and almost make the impression you will pass if you just join the course.
  • blobbyh
    Options
    mark057 wrote: Β»
    The bottom line is simple. I don't believe there is ever a right or wrong way to study if it works for you as an individual and (providing) the results achieved by the student are positive.

Easily the most definitive thing anyone has said during this whole saga.
  • jewels.p
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    Easily the most definitive thing anyone has said during this whole saga.

I made a point and the next thing I know its a saga! lol........you are just talking about this thread arent you?
  • blobbyh
    Options
    No, it's become a 'saga' running over several threads across multi-boards and I don't think this attempted character assassination thread was necessary. I'm all for open discussion and I'm arguably more near the knuckle than anyone else but the hounding of an 'innocent' makes me uncomfortable. Trolls yes - they deserve it, anyone else - no matter how gaff prone they might be - no. Glynis is only attacked professionally not personally but this Beverley issue seems to have blurred the boundaries a little at times.
  • snowmarauder
    snowmarauder Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Everyone studies differently, I ask Sandy, Steve, Students, my own tutor at college, college buddies, my Malamute friend Helen, Kim who has passed Technician, my husbands accountant, do research on the internet.

Whatever as long as you learn and get it right. Ive even given advice to other students on this forum and they have given me some.

If information was water, we would all drown.
  • jewels.p
    Options
    I will say this once again this was not an "attempted character assassination thread" it was merely a point I wanted to state. Also as I posted on another thread I didnt realise there had been so much upset about Beverly's comments and so many threads about it. Lets just end it at that.

CASE CLOSED! :thumbdown:
  • msami4
    msami4 Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Steve is great and best.His tips were the ones which helped me in passing my DFS exam (Decemeber 2009) in first attempt.For me at least, he has very sound knowledge of what students should know and in which way shall they go about preparing for exams.
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I have already stated I a previous thread that I teach my own students. I do not work for a FE college or tuition provider such ad Kaplan FTC or BPP but I have taught at our local college on a freelance basis.

I am sorry if you feel my opinions are 'out of line' but I still stand by them as I am entitled to. Once again I will state that I am not disputing the knowledge of Steve or Sandy - I have read Steve's articles and know full well he is respected for his work. My opinions were merely to highlight that tuition providers alone should be left to teach students.

In terms of the error in the goodwill thread this was an oversight on my part which is easily done when you are planning courses for the next lot of exams.

I do hope that when you teach your students your English is a little better than that in your reply.
Privacy Policy