Feeling Sad today

Options
jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I am feeling sad today cause my Mum is having to get our family dog Abbie put to sleep this afternoon. She has had her for 15 years and although I dont live at home I am quite upset about it. :sad:

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Awww Sorry to hear that Jewels :(
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that, I can understand you're feeling sad about it.

You got my sympathies!
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Thanks guys glad to know you two care. Nobody at work has given me any sympathy!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    You have mine too. I'll be absolutely gutted when the kids dog eventually goes, even thinking about it hurts.

Dogs are such an integral part of a family, they greet you when you arrive, choose to spend their time with you, play with you, know when you're sad etc you whereas cats are just "Well, I'll give you five minutes if you feed me..."
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I am feeling sad today cause my Mum is having to get our family dog Abbie put to sleep this afternoon. She has had her for 15 years and although I dont live at home I am quite upset about it. :sad:

Sorry to hear that Jewels, I remember having to take out family dog to the vets when I was 16, he was the same age as me and I was heartbroken. get yourself a stiff drink when you get home tonight and remember the daft things he/she used to get up to.
    whereas cats are just "Well, I'll give you five minutes if you feed me..."

Robert this is true, and 5 minutes is a bit optimistic, but when they're gone it still hurts like hell
  • RyanW
    RyanW Registered Posts: 19 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    well said blobby :) .... you have my sympathy
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Aww, so sorry to hear that hun. We have a dog called Abbie too (age 10).

I know how upset I'll be when our dogs go, they are members of the family and such wonderful creatures. Remember all the joy she brought you and give thanks for her life.

*hugs*
    Jenni
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, I know how you feel my dog Lucy was put down a few months ago. I still feel sad about it sometimes but it's so easy to remember how she made us smile for 14 years :)
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    when you're sad etc you whereas cats are just "Well, I'll give you five minutes if you feed me..."

Hey i've had 5 cats and 4 dogs and 2 of my cats (1 in particular,) are just as loyal as my dogs. She sleeps on my bed (sometimes shares my pillow, kinda annoying but cute at the same time), follows me down the street when i leave, and is there to greet me for cuddles when i get home from work just like my dogs are, and just like my dogs she can tell when im upset and knows how to cheer me up :)
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    sorry to hear :(

big big hugs
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    so sorry to hear that...
    xx
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Abbie is now in Doggie Heaven and will be sadly missed. :sad:

x
Privacy Policy