Funny pet stories

Gem7321
Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Jewels thread got me reminiscing about my dogs, so thought we could share some stories to put smiles on all our faces :)

When my old dog Lucy (border collie x lab) was a puppy we came home and found she had eaten the entire part-cooked christmas turkey. Her belly was dragging on the floor!

When my other dog, Meg (border collie), had 2 puppies we came home to find she had managed to get a can of dog food out of the cupboard, eat it in the whelping box and the puppy dog only 3 days old had crawled into the can and got stuck!

The same dog, when she was a puppy, managed to open a bag of cement mix and dragged it through mum and dads brand new house.

Lets hear some funny pet stories from the rest of you!

Comments

• JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    one day we can home, and our dog was sitting at the top of the stairs with a bra on his head.

one cup on each ear. he looked so cute you couldnt be mad at him :D
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    My old cat T.C used to fall asleep on top of the tv and then fall off down the back....lol
    He used to catch squirrels and eat them and my neighbour who was slightly deaf used to call him E.T...i miss that cat so much, i have a pic of him sat with my son when he was a new born and they are the same size.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    one day we can home, and our dog was sitting at the top of the stairs with a bra on his head.

one cup on each ear. he looked so cute you couldnt be mad at him :D

Haha. My lil dog Jimmy (collie x whippet/staffie/spaniel) has a panty fetish. I once caught him on my bed, sitting up looking very regal.... apart from the 3 pairs of pants round his neck. I couldn't stop laughing!
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    My old cat T.C used to fall asleep on top of the tv and then fall off down the back....lol
    He used to catch squirrels and eat them and my neighbour who was slightly deaf used to call him E.T...i miss that cat so much, i have a pic of him sat with my son when he was a new born and they are the same size.

One of our cats Molly once went after a squirrel in our garden, the squirrel, instead of running off, turned round and boxed her and she fell off the wall and fled into the house! Another one of our cats had a similar run in with the squirrel some weeks later, none of the cats were bothered by Mr squirrel after that.
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    We had two cats that hated each other, one a real softy and the other totally mental, they both had big cushions as beds and would always sleep on the same one. After about a week the softy cats bed started to smell and I thought he'd messed on it which was odd as neither cat usually mess in the house (normally on the neighbours garden, lol). So after chastising him a bit I brought him a new one, the next night I was watching TV and the grumpy cat poddled in and pee'd on the softy cats bed! Thats cats for you, lol.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    jow774 wrote: Β»
    neither cat usually mess in the house (normally on the neighbours garden, lol)

Yep, hilarious that, especially after you've just spent hours cutting the grass for the little ones to play on. But never mind, when it happened to me many years ago when the kids were babies, I simply scooped it all up, flung it all over the back of the offending "cat house", before stepping over the fence and trashing their garden. They loved it, I'm sure.

Got a caution but well worth it since it sorted out the poo problem.
  • jow774
    You shouldnt be cross at the cats, you should be in awe of the neighbour who trained the cat to use your particular garden above all others, why would they do that Robert? I wonder?
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    You can't train a cat to use any particular garden unless it was yourself that started it all by taking a moonlight dump, night after night on your neighbours lawn and forcing your cat to watch while it was still young.

Each to their own.

Of course it's the owners fault (our neighbour had about ten cats so it was a major problem) but it doesn't mean that I'm also not allowed to hate the cats themselves too and I'll take the health of my kids every time over the "cat rights" of any wandering critter.
  • jow774
    I can neither confirm nor deny my training methods, lol.
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    i trained both my cats since they were kittens to go to their sand for three weeks while they were indoors then i trained them outside by bringing their sand into the back of the garden on soil ,

it took them a while to get trained though they would go inside were the sand used to be so i did move them to the outdoor soild and hold them until they "had gone through it and finished"...

my cats do not go to the neighbours other than to ask for food and rubs...

But A funny story from me

We moved into a new house in a new neighbourhood. The first day i came back from work i saw the neighbours cat coming after me i had to stop at the front door cause my own cats were inside and i didnt know what the reaction could be (they are both male) as they hadnt been outside the new place yet. Anyway the new cat followed me and started to meow so in my kind nature mood i started to sroke him so he started to purr. Then i went into the house and left him alone. So i went to the back of the house where we had the kitchen to feed my own cats. Our conservatory lead trough patio doors to the courtyard. when i was pouring food for my cats i saw through the glass my neighbours cat meowing so i thought he was hungry so i poured some food for him outside which he ate

The rest of the day i didnt see the cat at all

Next day when i came back home my neighbours cat (Oscar) followed me again to my front door what did i think>? bloody neighbour not feeding the poor cat.... so i was tempted to go and feed him again.... well before i did my neighbour came from work and saw me stroking his cat and said "i hope that he has not been too much of a problem" and i said " well i have two cats too so it is ok i love cats, oscar is not a problem" which he responded " you see he is always asking for food to everybody and can be a bit of a nightmare sometimes, but as he is DIABETIC we have his diet restricted and we give him the shots every day" ....GLUPS!!!! i felt so so guilty!! then i realised the cat had a tag around the collar saying "I AM DIABETIC PLEASE DO NOT FEED ME" ...so when i told my husband he said "thats fine the cat didnt bother you and you nearly killed him?????"

Another funny story

When i was working as a nanny for a family they had a very nice labrador dog, Alfie well the family used to give me money to buy all the food and things but one day they went to work and forgot to leave me any money and i didnt have any so i couldnt buy any food for the dog so what did i do? i had just had spaguetti bolognese so i gave the left overs to him ....he ate it as if he had been starving for weeks..... and then went to sleep .....when he woke up he was covered in poo-diarrea which he hadnt realised as he had been sleeping!!!!!

The family came and asked what had happened and i was so embarrased as i had been there only a week that i said that i had given the dog the last can of dog food that was left and that i didnt know what could had upset him maybe because it had been the last one from the pack it was not good!!! ...

Another stoy same dog

I came back from Spain from holidays while working with the same family ...as spaniards do, i brought pleny of food in my suicase....

I put everything away aside of a long spicy chorizo sausage and a "lid plastified" pot of nutella with hazelnuts....and leave that in the counter in the kitchen (high up which the dog didnt reach or i thought he wouldnt reach!) went to bring the kid to school and when i came back Alfie was laying down in the middle of the garden not moving at all around him was the skin of the chorizo sausage and the pot of nutella empty ...WHAT A COMBINATION!!!! he didnt eat for three days after

Marga
Privacy Policy