Internal controls and accounting project

Options
lewpylew
lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I still have unit 10 to do and BPP have told me I will be allowed to complete the full qualification by doing the Internal Controls and Accounting Project. Does anyone know the difference between this and the current NVQ Unit 10 project. Trying to weigh up my options as possibly I can do the old Unit 10 at college or pay to do it seperately?

Comments

• lewpylew
    Options
    Anyone.....?
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Isn't it just the same thing but with a new name?

That's all I've got left to do myself, but due to family and work commitments I've not been able to get it done and am a bit p'd off about it cos I've got provisional membership and if by some miracle I have passed MAC I could have been a member by the 20th if only I'd got the project signed off.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    lewpylew wrote: »
    I still have unit 10 to do and BPP have told me I will be allowed to complete the full qualification by doing the Internal Controls and Accounting Project. Does anyone know the difference between this and the current NVQ Unit 10 project. Trying to weigh up my options as possibly I can do the old Unit 10 at college or pay to do it seperately?

If you can do the unit 10 at the college, that will be the best option.

advantages

1 the college tutor knows what is required and how to go about that acheiving unit 10 in a most efficent way

2 The tutors need to understand the new unit and may ask you to do more work then necessary. Tutors won't be clear about it until the EV has given his/her approval. This is likely to be in about next 12 months.

3 You can start and finish your project when ever you like, and consult your tutor for as many times as you like. under the new syllabus, you will be given 12 to 14 weeks to complete from start to finish. Your tutor can only give you a feedback for a maximum of 5 times.

4 you can work on your project and e-mail it directly to your tutor. Under the new system you are required to down load the case study from AAT website and upload it to AAT website. Your tutor will then mark your project online and the feed back is clealy seeb by all 3 parties.

5 currently the skills test cost £20, but under the new system it is approx £42

6 the project under the old and new system is almost the same. Under the the new system you ar expected to write more about the computerised accounts.

7 go to the google and type "osbourne inspection books" you may be able to see the new book on the aat project is that is ready to be published by osbournes. I believe BPP had already published their book. It may be worth your while to give them a ring and ask about them if you could have an access to their inspection copy for the project unit
  • lewpylew
    Options
    Thanks so much for your post above - it's really helped me : ) x
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    sdv wrote: »
    If you can do the unit 10 at the college, that will be the best option.

advantages

1 the college tutor knows what is required and how to go about that acheiving unit 10 in a most efficent way

2 The tutors need to understand the new unit and may ask you to do more work then necessary. Tutors won't be clear about it until the EV has given his/her approval. This is likely to be in about next 12 months.

3 You can start and finish your project when ever you like, and consult your tutor for as many times as you like. under the new syllabus, you will be given 12 to 14 weeks to complete from start to finish. Your tutor can only give you a feedback for a maximum of 5 times.

4 you can work on your project and e-mail it directly to your tutor. Under the new system you are required to down load the case study from AAT website and upload it to AAT website. Your tutor will then mark your project online and the feed back is clealy seeb by all 3 parties.

5 currently the skills test cost £20, but under the new system it is approx £42

6 the project under the old and new system is almost the same. Under the the new system you ar expected to write more about the computerised accounts.

7 go to the google and type "osbourne inspection books" you may be able to see the new book on the aat project is that is ready to be published by osbournes. I believe BPP had already published their book. It may be worth your while to give them a ring and ask about them if you could have an access to their inspection copy for the project unit

Can I ask how you have found out all this about the new unit? I can't find anything listed on the AAT website other than the standards and a sample case study. Students can still do this unit based on their workplace, they don't have to do the case study, so I can't see how that could be done via the AAT's website.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    coojee wrote: »
    Can I ask how you have found out all this about the new unit? I can't find anything listed on the AAT website other than the standards and a sample case study. Students can still do this unit based on their workplace, they don't have to do the case study, so I can't see how that could be done via the AAT's website.

I agree that students can still do work based projects under the new QCF. The procedure on this is not clear and so I don't know exactly how that will work. But under the the new system all the projects will have to be up loaded to the AAT computers if there will be no paper based projects and if the project are to be archived electronically. I can't see that the AAT will have 2 different systems of assessing projects. Either all of them will have to be uploaded to the AAT computers or none.

You are right to conclude that I have assumed that the project will be done on a case study, because our college had told us that a case study route will be adopted from sept onwards.

1 My opinion

2 My opinion

3 My college tutor - who attended AAT update qualification master class. she had originally planned to transfer all the students who had not completed the project under the old standards to the new standards. She has now changed her mind because of the time limit put for the student to complete within 12 to 14 weeks. She claims it may be difficult to manage the number of the projects that needs completing within the precribed time, as well as dealing with a completely new system that may have teething problems.

4 My college tutor. apparenly AAT it's self doesn't know fully, how this will work.

5 My college tutor

6 You can look up the standars on the AAT website

7 Internet. I have had a look at the BPP on-line book. It is an excellent book. Try this link
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thanks for that sdv, most enlightening - I shall have to do some research!
Privacy Policy