Exam results

Options
Glynis
Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Not long now until we get our results. I am waiting for ACCA F8 results even though I know I failed. The paper was stupidly hard ! Why do we have to wait so long to be put out of our misery?

Comments

• messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Im waiting on F5 and F7. F5 im quite confident about but F7 was a disaster, luckily most people seem to agree :)
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    When are ACCA results out?
  • messedup89
    Options
    23rd August
  • jilt
    Options
    23rd August

Lord a week after ours!

Good luck all!
  • messedup89
    Options
    Seems like a lifetime. Will have been 10weeks since i sat my exams! Good luck to you aswell :)
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I am waiting on F6 - wasn't a nice paper either, completely different to the past papers. And I agree - it is a lifetime to wait.

Good luck everyone!
  • Glynis
    Options
    I have just spoken to ACCA for 2 reasons. First I wanted to know why they make it so long for us to wait. Personaly I think it is ridiculous the time we have to wait for results. Second I wanted to know why I had not received a reply to my feedback on how unfair the F8 exam was.

I was astonished to learn that a 10 week time lapse is always the case! I wad even more shocked to be told that ACCA don't actually respond to your feedback and such feedback is looked at by the review board!

Unbelievable.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    glynis and thats why we love you for
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Glynis do you realise that 1,000's of students give exam feedback, there is no way on earth that they would reply to each and everyone?

As to the 10 week marking, there is a reason for it and I'm sure you would rather it was done correctly and fairly than quickly.

There is a really interesting article on the life of an exam paper either on here or the ACCA website which explains why it takes so long.

I'm afraid you just have to accept it!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    We had the head of ACCA Scotland come into our work for a lunchtime and he talked us through the life of an exam paper too.. Craig Vickery. Was interesting tbh.
  • Glynis
    Options
    I suppose we have no choice but to wait then. It just seems unbelievable that it takes 10 weeks to mark the papers. AAT results are out a week before ACCA so why can't the ACCA follow what the AAT are doing. It just seems ridiculous to keep us waiting.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I don't think they do it for no good reason, it's worth looking for the article I mentioned, I think it's called 'the life of an exam paper'.
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    The article Annette is referring to, Glynis, is here
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    There was a similar article in PQ magazine last year regarding the AAT exam process. There's a lot involved over and above simply marking the papers which in itself takes some time.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Glynis wrote: ยป
    I suppose we have no choice but to wait then. It just seems unbelievable that it takes 10 weeks to mark the papers. AAT results are out a week before ACCA so why can't the ACCA follow what the AAT are doing. It just seems ridiculous to keep us waiting.

A week isn't much?! They must have very similar systems.

Honestly I'm surprised they can do it so quickly, markers can't be working 24 hours and theres a huge amount to get through. Then theres the checking of samples and remarking if necessary.

Well, thats what I imagine happens as I really don't want to read an article on marking, sorry :D
  • katz568
    katz568 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    After talking with an exam marker for CIMA papers I can totally understand why it takes so long for the exam results to be made public, its not just a case of going through a paper and ticking of simple yes/no questions, as with AAT papers if you get an own figure answer and take that forward that examiner has to then work out answers to go with your own figure etc etc, imagine that over several 100's of papers for one.
    Its not a quick thing and those markers still need a life so I for one am grateful we get the results as quickly as we do never mind having a go about them.
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Options
    How did everyone waiting for ACCA results do?

I passed F6, am really pleased with my mark :-) Bring on F5 and possibly F8 in December! Hope everyone else got the results they were hoping for.

I was very impressed that my results email arrived at 5am this morning - not that I was up that early to check though!
  • messedup89
    Options
    How did everyone waiting for ACCA results do?

I passed F6, am really pleased with my mark :-) Bring on F5 and possibly F8 in December! Hope everyone else got the results they were hoping for.

I was very impressed that my results email arrived at 5am this morning - not that I was up that early to check though!

Congratulations!

I passed F5 with 62%
    Failed F7

Will be sitting F7 and F8 in dec
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Options
    Sorry, since posting this I've realised you're all talking about this on the threads in the Technician forum!

Well done Messed Up! I've heard F7 is the hardest paper - not looking forward to that one!
  • Rasa
    Rasa Registered Posts: 22 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hi,

I have passed F6, but failed F7 only by 2 points! I have 48 points for F7...
    I will do F7 again and F4 in December.

Good luck to everyone!
  • PGM
    Options
    Passed P1 & P2, its not often that I'm this happy on a Monday!
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    PGM wrote: ยป
    Passed P1 & P2, its not often that I'm this happy on a Monday!

Well done PGM!!
  • jilt
    Options
    Congratulations to all who've passed, and to anyone who's didn't this time keep at it I'm sure you'll get through next time.
  • PGM
    Options
    Well done PGM!!

Thankyou :)

Feels even better knowing P2 is called the Beast!!
Privacy Policy