Improving the operation of PAYE

payrollpro
payrollpro Registered Posts: 427 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hello readers,

HMRC has published a consultation document which may result in the centralisation of all income tax and NIC calculations and net pay.

The AAT must respond to this consultation on behalf of its members and it is critical that ordinary members obtain and read the document at http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageLibrary_ConsultationDocuments&propertyType=document&columns=1&id=HMCE_PROD1_030623

If you are a member and are prepared to provide your comments with your name and membership number to me then please do so as soon as possible. Alternatively, contact me at ian@thelimepartnership.co.uk and give me your views.

Payrollpro

Comments

• JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Not meaning to sound accusatory, but why are you asking us? and not someone from the AAT?
  • payrollpro
    Apologies, I ought to have explained that I am the official AAT representative at certain HMRC consultation panels and I have been tasked with compiling the formal response.

To do that I need to know what members and others think of the plans and how it may affect them.

Payrollpro
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Are they hoping to dilute the opinions given on accountingweb? lol
  • payrollpro
    Hi everyone,

As a quick follow up, I have been dissecting the consultation document and wanted to know if anyone is planning to attend the free HMRC sessions on the subject and secondly what comments payroll people and providers have on the subject of real time data exchange with HMRC, the Courts service, CSA etc?

If nothing else we are going to face much more frequent exchanges of data with HMRC so how will it affect you and what do you think of it?

Payrollpro
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I may be interested in attending a session, it would depend when and where they were. I can't see anything in the document giving details, are they yet to be announced?
  • payrollpro
    Thank to everyone who took the trouble to add their views on this subject. I am disappointed in the numbers of comments but what I have is enough to compile the AAT's formal response to the consultation.

I know we are all very busy and that is why so many of you did not get the opportunity to respond however if we want to influence government policy we have to take the time to make our voices heard.

This is only the first pass at consultation, the proposals are a fundamental change to the whole PAYE system and will affect every taxpayer, employer and payroll provider so there will be other, follow up exercises.

Payrollpro
Privacy Policy