Asda bag policy

Options
exam panic
exam panic Registered Posts: 157 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
I went to asda today to buy some basic stuff from them when I went to the check out She asked me do i have a bag or you need a bag .I said I need a bag but I don't want to buy one and the cashier told me there are bags and I start to pack but I put one size and come out to other size the bag can even hold anything it just went apart .I said to cashier what the point to give customers a bag which can not hold anything .and She said not my problem your problem ,I was so angry at that point and I repeat my point again .she than said not her fault and shake her shoulders and serve other customer. Any one here got this problem before??
Β«1

Comments

• jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    At our asda if you dont buy or reuse they will only give you one bag at a time! So when doing a big shop, you pack one bag, wait while the cashier finds and opens another to give you and so it goes on, its maddening. Shopping bags are a personal bug bear of mine. They make huge profits on shopping, if they have targets for reducing bags in landfill shouldnt they research green shopping bags or let you use their old cardboard boxes! Madness!

Rant over, lol.
  • exam panic
    Options
    but in their product full of plastic anyway every single item cover in plastic .I was very angry at the manner at the cashier more than a bag .
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Yup, to go with everything else, we now have the carrier bag police to contend with too. Though I have to say Asda bags are slightly better quality than Co-Op who must use the thinnest, microniest plastic there is and you have to double bag anything over a kilo (I think that's a billion grams to my historical friends...) thus defeating the object.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    This is why I shop at sainsburys!
  • jow774
    Options
    Thats posh int it? lol.
  • Gem7321
    Options
    62 nappies for Β£6.98 and carrier bags that don't fall apart, that's my kind of shop!
  • jow774
    Options
    Do they have carrier bag police, if not Im going upmarket!
  • Gem7321
    Options
    No carrier bag police! They ask you if you need bags and if you do they give you a handful although most of the time theres some there anyway. I think they've strengthened the bags too to encourage you to use them again, but we use them to dispose of nuclear nappies!
  • exam panic
    Options
    this not normal bag (not the one got asda name on it basicly just plain one)
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Gem7321 wrote: Β»
    This is why I shop at sainsburys!

bag snob :lol:
  • jow774
    Options
    Gem7321 wrote: Β»
    No carrier bag police! They ask you if you need bags and if you do they give you a handful although most of the time theres some there anyway.

I now have this mental image of a "diet coke ad" type checkout chap throwing carrier bags in the air and shouting free carrier bags for all, lol.
  • blobbyh
    Options
    I do hate the way some checkout operators glare at you when you've asked for a bag like you've just trodden dog sh*t through the store.

Maybe the stores make personally pay for each one they give out, you know, every penny helps and all that balls?
  • jow774
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    I do hate the way some checkout operators glare at you when you've asked for a bag like you've just trodden dog sh*t through the store.

Maybe the stores make personally pay for each one they give out, you know, every penny helps and all that balls?

lol. When you have a screaming toddler demanding everything within toddler height range and a seriouly overdue big shop, those checkout operators get drunk with power, its a wonder there arent more serious checkout punch ups!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    i like tescos policy get green club points for every bag you re use and replace when yours is broken also didnt have to pay for them as they came free with my club card statement
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Sainsburies give points for bring in bags too, but whenever we can we now shop at the co-op as we get dividends, much better range these days, and sone really good wine at sensible prices.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Lush
  • blobbyh
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    i like tescos policy get green club points for every bag you re use and replace when yours is broken also didnt have to pay for them as they came free with my club card statement

Well, they they might build on green belt land wherever, whenever they want by bribing/blackmailing/threatening local councils, operate borderline legal tax avoidance schemes on a national scale and devastate local shops and communities, but as long as they give out free carrier bags, f**k it, they're okay in my book...
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Well, they they might build on green belt land wherever, whenever they want by bribing/blackmailing/threatening local councils, operate borderline legal tax avoidance schemes on a national scale and devastate local shops and communities, but as long as they give out free carrier bags, f**k it, they're okay in my book...

But hey i get a very nice hotel in the centre of manchester with breakfast for Β£22 so am happy.
  • jow774
    Options
    I had an incident with one of those new scan as you shop machines in Tesco, i dropped it and broke it and two assistants came to look at the wreckage, they both pointed at it open mouthed like they do in the body snatchers, and then on the way out my little one tried to dash out through the barriers the wrong way and got hit in the face, the body snatcher checkout ppl came over and muttered about my parenting skills being no better than my handling of technology.

Suffice to say im scared to go in again.

Probably should add that child was ok though, lol.
  • blobbyh
    Options
    jow774 wrote: Β»
    Itwo assistants came to look at the wreckage, they both pointed at it open mouthed like they do in the body snatchers...

I think you were mistaken. Their look of disbelief was that someone in Mansfield was actually offering to pay for their shopping rather than having it out of the back doors as per normal...
  • jow774
    Options
    True, lol.
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Whereabouts in Mansfield do you live? I was born not far from the Field Mill football ground but lived all over Mansfield, Sutton and Kirkby when I was still a northerner.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I'm beginning to think that Morrison's must be strange as they usually have plenty of bags available and checkout people seem quite to put more out should you need them. Of course, the fact they give some of my money to Clarkson sidekick and irritating prick in his own right, Richard Hammond, is another matter.
  • blobbyh
    Options
    CJC wrote: Β»
    the fact they give some of my money to Clarkson sidekick and irritating prick in his own right, Richard Hammond, is another matter.

I'm with you there Chris, and I'd rather suffer a thousand years of carrier bags slowly rotting in the ground than five more minutes of "Hamster Hammond" rotting my brain...
  • jow774
    Options
    Whereabouts in Mansfield do you live? I was born not far from the Field Mill football ground but lived all over Mansfield, Sutton and Kirkby when I was still a northerner.

Orginally from glapwell actually, but now nearer to kirkby/sutton than mansfield really.
  • exam panic
    Options
    here I'm in london
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    here I'm in london

Didn't realise they had Asda supermarkets in London, thought they were only in the north. I've led a sheltered life!
  • exam panic
    Options
    they are every where big chain they make all high street and shopping look the same from Scotland to Devon.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Funny thing about supermarkets and their shopping bags - have you noticed how when you go to them they are scarily tight with plastic bags.

However, when they deliver to you they only put 2 - 4 things in each bag, they're all half empty.

(I like the delivery driver though, so it's worth the plastic bags for my 'Coke break' moment!) :lol:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I used to have ice hockey training at Sutton Centre many years ago:)
Privacy Policy