Applying for provisional MAAT status online

Options
koda
koda Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi guys, has anyone completed the online application? I completed all the steps a week or 2 ago and the work experience and reference are now awaiting verification - does anyone know how this happens and how long it takes? I'm assuming that they contact the person you've nominated by email to confirm?

Thanks.

Comments

• tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    koda wrote: »
    Hi guys, has anyone completed the online application? I completed all the steps a week or 2 ago and the work experience and reference are now awaiting verification - does anyone know how this happens and how long it takes? I'm assuming that they contact the person you've nominated by email to confirm?

Thanks.
    Once your reference has completed their bit and approved your work experience, the AAT will then do their bit. I imagine with updating all of the student records with exam results now, it will be a couple of weeks yet.
  • koda
    Options
    My referee hasn't even been contacted yet, I'm sure it'll all filter through in time... like you say, it's that fun time of year with the exam results pending now :-)
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    My referee hasn't even been contacted yet, I'm sure it'll all filter through in time... like you say, it's that fun time of year with the exam results pending now :-)

Get your referee to ring the AAT i had to get mine to with a mix up an they accepted them over the phone
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Mine was updated the same day.
  • koda
    Options
    Oh ok thanks, I might get her to give them a ring then. :-)
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I applied by post and I received the provisional status quite soon. My referee wasn't contacted at all.

Maybe if you do it online, they require to do so.
  • sama
    sama Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I applied online and it wasn't easy:
    My referee didn't get any emails asking him to approve my application. After a few days I asked AAT what happened. They were convinced that I gave them the wrong e-mail address. After confirming that it was the right one, they said that he must have deleted it by mistake or received it in a junk folder... After getting back to them the 3rd time they finally agreed to send the email to him again which he received instantly. This happened 2 months ago and according to the MyAAT page it all approved now.
    I haven't received anything from them saying that I'm now a provisional member. Do you think I should? Or do I need to start pestering them about it again?
  • A-Vic
    Options
    sama wrote: »
    I applied online and it wasn't easy:
    My referee didn't get any emails asking him to approve my application. After a few days I asked AAT what happened. They were convinced that I gave them the wrong e-mail address. After confirming that it was the right one, they said that he must have deleted it by mistake or received it in a junk folder... After getting back to them the 3rd time they finally agreed to send the email to him again which he received instantly. This happened 2 months ago and according to the MyAAT page it all approved now.
    I haven't received anything from them saying that I'm now a provisional member. Do you think I should? Or do I need to start pestering them about it again?

exactly the same thing happened to me i didnt receive confirmation and had to ring and they confirmed that it had gone through
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    exactly the same thing happened to me i didnt receive confirmation and had to ring and they confirmed that it had gone through

happened to me too!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    What should you receive ? A letter?
  • A-Vic
    Options
    An email confirmation - but it seems a few of us didnt get one but if all is ticked its gone through
  • Londina
    Options
    Instead I received an email and a letter by post confirming that I became a member!!

I suggest to do it by post, look like online is not that as easy as it looks!
  • koda
    Options
    So much for the 'easiest way' being online huh?! Well, kind of relieved it's not just me having problems getting it sorted! And why is Monday taking so long to come???!! I'm fed up of waiting heehee! ;-)
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'm confused by mine as well.

I filled out the work experience, my boss got the e-mail and confirmed and sent it back but on my online application section it only has the first once ticked. Shouldn't I have more ticked once my work experience is approved?
  • beaneygirl
    beaneygirl Registered Posts: 79 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    So much for the 'easiest way' being online huh?! Well, kind of relieved it's not just me having problems getting it sorted! And why is Monday taking so long to come???!! I'm fed up of waiting heehee! ;-)
    Ooh...don't wish away your weekend. Don't know about you but sodding work is waiting for me again Monday as well as results! and they all know the results are out Monday so no pressure there!!
  • koda
    Options
    beaneygirl wrote: »
    Ooh...don't wish away your weekend. Don't know about you but sodding work is waiting for me again Monday as well as results! and they all know the results are out Monday so no pressure there!!
    I think they should release the results on a Friday.... that way we can either celebrate over the weekend or drown our sorrows!! Ha ha.....

Not liking the idea of opening the email at work I have to say... :-/
  • Vics
    Vics Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I agree!! Seriously why on a monday when we all have to go in to work! I am hoping that i get the result into my email before i have to start! it just cant get here ne quicker!!
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I guess because if it's a Friday you have the whole weekend where you can't speak to tuition providers and tutors or the AAT etc if there is bad news, at least when it's a Monday you have access to people you need
  • Vics
    Options
    That makes sense but still....
    Oh well only the weekend left & we will know! :)
    Im making celebratory/commisery cupcakes on sunday to take to work monday! atleast then i can eat my sorrow if required lol!!
    Getting nervous now! roll on monday x
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Vics wrote: »

Getting nervous now! roll on monday x

I've got say I'm amazingly calm. Am quite surprised seeing it's my last exam and I think the outcome of the result is 50/50. It went better than expected but I know I got bits wrong, but as is said so many times I can't change it and it's not the end of the world I'll just have to resit in December if it is bad news.

Enjoying making your cupcakes Vics, relax and don't spend all weekend worrying about it.
  • Vics
    Options
    Thanks Jilt.. Ill get drunk 2mo night so that will take my mind off it

To be honest I havent been that bad until now and i think its more of just wanting to know & it to hurry up so that i can start my ACCA in sept & know that AAT is finished

Oh well what will be will be :)
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I think they should release the results on a Friday.... that way we can either celebrate over the weekend or drown our sorrows!! Ha ha.....

Not liking the idea of opening the email at work I have to say... :-/

I wouldn't want to get my results on friday 13th!
  • Vics
    Options
    messedup89 wrote: »
    Totally agree actually!! Didnt even think of the date today!! oh well monday will be here soon enough
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    messedup89 wrote: »

Now that's where I'm strange, I like Friday the 13th! Was suppossed be going out tonight with a couple of school freinds but it's been postponed to next week and I'm really disappointed
  • goodyuk
    goodyuk Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I am awaiting varification from my professional referee, however, they have not received the email asking for it... I have checked their details and I entered them correctly, but there is not a plce to resubmit so that the email gets resent out! I hae emailed AAT a query about it ... i finally got an automated response a week later saying my query would be answered in 7 to 10 days! Some good that is! Anyone else had this problem?
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I would give them a call rather then e-mail but with the exam results out tomorrow you will probably be better to wait for a few days before calling them as they might be busy!
  • Londina
    Options
    goodyuk wrote: »
    I am awaiting varification from my professional referee, however, they have not received the email asking for it... I have checked their details and I entered them correctly, but there is not a plce to resubmit so that the email gets resent out! I hae emailed AAT a query about it ... i finally got an automated response a week later saying my query would be answered in 7 to 10 days! Some good that is! Anyone else had this problem?

My professional reference has expired (last 6 months) so I had to apply again for it, I done it online this time, but from all your comments, maybe I should do it by post too, last time it was approved straight away since there is the signature of the referee!
  • koda
    Options
    Londina wrote: »
    My professional reference has expired (last 6 months) so I had to apply again for it, I done it online this time, but from all your comments, maybe I should do it by post too, last time it was approved straight away since there is the signature of the referee!
    I applied for all mine online about a month or so ago and after getting the results I wanted I was obviously eager to get my MAAT status.... I phoned the AAT to say my line manager didn't receive the emails and the said it's quite common at the moment as it tends to end up in spam, particularly in work emails. Anyway, they said my manager was able to confirm over the phone, which she did and they updated my records there and then.... all boxes ticked and got an email a couple of days later to confirm MAAT status woohoo!

Long story short, i you've applied online and it's been more than 10 days like they say, get your referee to call about your work experience and verify over the phone.... very easy and instantly updated :-)
  • gguest
    gguest Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    hi i have had the same problems the emails havent been sent out when i rang them on friday last week thats what they told me so i did mine over the phone
Privacy Policy