Annoyed!

Options
tigger37
tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Just have been informed that even though I am registered for my ACCA classes in the fall with Kaplan Cambridge, they have suddenly pulled the program and it is not being offered anymore. Not a happy camper as I now have to scramble around and research other providers to find one which suits my schedule such as taking weekend or evening classes. Wanted to let ppl know in case anyone else on here is in the same boat!
Any suggestions for other tuiton providers in Cambridge? Not sure I can bring myself to go back to BPP due to my horrible experience with them during foundation AAT.

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    That's a bummer for you! Good luck finding another training provider.:)
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • sheemary
    sheemary Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    hello
    i know there is another provider in cambridge proving acca classes but what kind of times r u lookg at???do u do day release?
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I have to say that I had a Cambridge BPP tutor cover some of our ACCA classes and he was an exceptional tutor, I think you might find AAT experiences different to ACCA and if you get the chance to be taught by Stuart Brown then jump at it!!
  • tigger37
    Options
    I have to say that I had a Cambridge BPP tutor cover some of our ACCA classes and he was an exceptional tutor, I think you might find AAT experiences different to ACCA and if you get the chance to be taught by Stuart Brown then jump at it!!
    I knew I had heard that name before! He doesn't work for BPP anymore, but is now with First Intuition in Cambridge. I am looking at them now :)
  • tigger37
    Options
    sheemary wrote: Β»
    hello
    i know there is another provider in cambridge proving acca classes but what kind of times r u lookg at???do u do day release?
    unfortunately day release is not an option for me. I need evenings or weekends.
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options

I agree with BlueWednesday's sentiments.

I've just gotten back from a BPP Cambridge session (CIMA E2) and I've had nothing but excellent service from them over the year or so I've been using them. They've had a refurbishment of the office since I was last there so everything's shiny and new too.

What was the problems you had with them?
  • tigger37
    Options
    I agree with BlueWednesday's sentiments.

I've just gotten back from a BPP Cambridge session (CIMA E2) and I've had nothing but excellent service from them over the year or so I've been using them. They've had a refurbishment of the office since I was last there so everything's shiny and new too.

What was the problems you had with them?
    it was the amount of time it took them to mark my work (Unit 2 was over 6 months!) and not very much feedback. I kept getting fobbed off it seemed and I finally had to write a letter to the head of the organisation to finally get some action.
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Where do they do evening or weekend ACCA classes in Cambridge? I live in Norwich and don't think they have any here so Cambridge is probably my closest option.
  • tigger37
    Options
    Esme wrote: Β»
    Where do they do evening or weekend ACCA classes in Cambridge? I live in Norwich and don't think they have any here so Cambridge is probably my closest option.
    There is a new provider (I think new anyway) called First Intuition in Cambridge that do evening and weekend classes. I will most likely go there. I don't think I could handle ACCA as distance learning in order to stay with Kaplan. BPP also does at least evening classes (not sure about weekend).
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Great, thanks. My only other option at the moment is distance learning with Kaplan but not sure if I'll find it too hard at this level.
Privacy Policy