Where have our manners gone?

Options
speegs
speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
I just thought I would have a moan, because I haven't had one for quite a while now.

Recently I have had three unit 10 students contact me in a blind panic saying they needed assistance with various parts of their unit 10 projects. After pointing them in the right direction, not a single one said thank you. Why do I bother????

Just thought I would mention it.

Speegs :(

Comments

• tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    speegs wrote: ยป
    I just thought I would have a moan, because I haven't had one for quite a while now.

Recently I have had three unit 10 students contact me in a blind panic saying they needed assistance with various parts of their unit 10 projects. After pointing them in the right direction, not a single one said thank you. Why do I bother????

Just thought I would mention it.

Speegs :(
    I know I was grateful for your help reading through my paper a few months ago as I was really stuck! People like you and the others are fantastic with all of your advice for getting through AAT!
  • speegs
    Options
    You are very welcome.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Fully agree with you Speegs. It's so frustrating to sometimes spend half an hour or more writing a post or PM for no reponse, but a-can't-really-be-arsed "Thank you" isn't much better either.

We're not asking for a long winded declaration of gratitude but some form of proper acknowldegment beyond just two words wouldn't go amiss.
  • speegs
    Options
    Actually I would settled for just a Thank You, but often I don't even get that. Ahhhhh
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Theres a lot of people prepared to walk on top of others to get what they want.
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Especially in this game :(
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I completely agree. I was amazed at how much help people on here gave me for my project. I even posted a thread to show my thanks! http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=26623 because it's not every day somebody who you don't really know takes the time and effort to help others. A small thank you goes a long way in my opinion.
Privacy Policy