professional referee

Options
taskey
taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
just looking at doing my MAAT bit and it says to nominate a professional referee. is there a list of who i can use for this?

Thanks

Tracy

Comments

• tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    just looking at doing my MAAT bit and it says to nominate a professional referee. is there a list of who i can use for this?

Thanks

Tracy
    I don't think there is a list to choose from, but the person acting as your personal reference must be a professional accountant. My old supervisor (now the EUropean FInancial Controller of our company) has ACCA to his name so was able to be my referee.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    My HR Manager did it and she's not got ACCA or similar.

It has to be someone in a more senior position to yourself that has direct knowledge of your work.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I used the two accountants who audited the accounts for the two different companies I've worked for whilst studying. I decided that they were the people who reviewed what I did and could decide whether I was competent. They have also been my reference points if I've ever had any accounting queries, so could judge whether I asked sensible or "numpty" questions!!!!!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • taskey
    Options
    ok, that is fine, thanks. i was worrying about it having to be someone who is a professional accountant.

i will use my manager who has also been my supervisor on my simulations too.

Thanks All

Tracy
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Maat

Sorry about that taskey - I thought I had read it had to be professional, which is why I chose the person I did. Plus he did have knowledge of my work as well. Didn't mean to worry you with the professional accountant bit.
  • taskey
    Options
    no worries

Tracy
Privacy Policy