Quick Question

Options
A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Any one whos studying with training provider i.e Kaplan BPP do you know if they will price up per unit or is it per course? If so what is the average price you have been charged

Thanks in advance

Vic

Comments

• jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hey A-Vic.

Firstly, commiserations on today, really sorry but, as they say, the best don't always pass first time - look at me with my driving test.....

I've been looking at Kaplan for the technician. They will let you just buy one unit on it's own. The price for the new QCF is ยฃ119 for each or ยฃ150 for the old route (diploma).

They seem pretty good (especially compared to my old provider).

I have a phone number for an extremely helpful lady who patiently talked me through all the different options so let me know if that would be of use.

Chin up.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Thank Jenny for the really nice words :)

Is that just for material books ect? i have emailed them just thought i would see what everyone else was quoted.

I have double books already and was wondering what classes are like with them?
  • jenny3549
    Options
    Sorry, I probably misunderstood - that was the price for distance learning (includes tutor support and all the books etc).

Classroom costs might vary depending on location so this address should take you to the prices for each:

http://financial.kaplan.co.uk/TrainingandQuals/Accountancy/AAT/Pages/Dateslocationsandprices.aspx

Sorry - don't know how to put a link on (I'm a bit technologically dim with these things).

Hope that helps.
  • jenny3549
    Options
    Well hey, look at that - I did manage to get it as a link after all!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Yeah got that thanks again jenny - ouch will be cheaper to do the whole year at college - its 650 for tax but no mention of MAC apart from budget 425
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    You are better than you thought you would be!

Sorry for the bad news A-Vic, is there some thing I could do to help for the next lot of exams?

Anyways, I went with premier training and I can't remember what I paid, but I can check that when I get home if you like?
    I bought the tutor support and osborne books, but that was about a year ago, so the prices may have changed. I bought the technician level in total, all units for the NVQ route.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi A Vic

Really sorry to hear your news, I know how hard you worked!

Have you looked at a weekend revision course or something with BPP or Kaplan? You've done the majority of the work so you would probably only need that to get you through it.
  • jenny3549
    Options
    You've done college based up til now? It might be worth considering distance learning just for the resits as you'll be building on all the stuff you already know - and it would probably be a lot cheaper.

Must admit, I've done DL so far this year so I don't know what classroom based is like - it has been so many years since I sat behind a desk, it's just a dim and distant memory!
  • jenny3549
    Options
    Hi A Vic

Have you looked at a weekend revision course or something with BPP or Kaplan? You've done the majority of the work so you would probably only need that to get you through it.

Excellent idea - I didn't think of revision courses. That would probably work really well.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Hi A Vic

Great idea will look in to it, thanks blue :)
  • Sparkly
    Sparkly Registered Posts: 139 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi A-Vic,
    Sorry to hear your news. It looks like you might be looking to do MAC? I would definately recommend Sandy's revision course that he runs. As a home study student I found myself a bit lost on this unit, but two days with Sandy put it all in perspective and the course was well worth the money. As you would already have done the studying, maybe the a revision course would be enough to get you through it.
    Chin up
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Hi A-Vic,
    Sorry to hear your news. It looks like you might be looking to do MAC? I would definately recommend Sandy's revision course that he runs. As a home study student I found myself a bit lost on this unit, but two days with Sandy put it all in perspective and the course was well worth the money. As you would already have done the studying, maybe the a revision course would be enough to get you through it.
    Chin up

Thanks Sparky that was definately an option hopefully sandy is still considering doing these :)
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    damn FAILED on section 2 of MAC this time last time it was section 1 now section 2 .... can we do cbes on Mac ?
  • umerali2003
    Options
    it was my 4th attempt . i failed section 1 on 1st attempt . on second attempt i passed section 1 failed section 2 . on third attempt i failed section 1 passed section 2 and this time around i passed section 1 failed section 2 ... so all in all i have passed each section twice lol but still incompetent . Its a funny world we live in
  • lisnic
    lisnic Registered Posts: 141 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Avic sorry to hear your news

i used the bpp books and they got me through as was distance learning

you can buy the individual course companions and revision companions i think about 30-40 each if ypu sont want the tutor suppoet etc

type in bpp learning media

i will be ordering my acca books like this and doing the revision days
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    it was my 4th attempt . i failed section 1 on 1st attempt . on second attempt i passed section 1 failed section 2 . on third attempt i failed section 1 passed section 2 and this time around i passed section 1 failed section 2 ... so all in all i have passed each section twice lol but still incompetent . Its a funny world we live in

OMG again? so sorry, such a bad luck!! what about if you take PEV and PCR instead? splitting those two sections maybe it easier?
  • umerali2003
    Options
    hmmm it looks as if have to do some thing special to get rid of this one .... Thinking of doing cbes lets see how it goes
Privacy Policy