Just A Little Confused...Help Please

Options
MrUniverse
MrUniverse Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
Hi Guys and Girls,

So got my exam results for the DFS and i have passed : )

HOWEVER, i failed the Intermediate ECR.....it mentions on 'MY AAT' that i am eligable to apply for the Full AAT Membership?

Have i passed by default because i have successfully completed the Technician Standards...or will my application be declined and need to finish ECR!?

Thanks

Comments

• Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I don't believe you will have passed ECR by default, but to apply for full membership you may find this link useful-

http://www.aat.org.uk/content/item1687/#Apply_for_full

Perhaps it means you can start the ball rolling??
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I think this is probably similar to another thread asking if you need Level 3 to become a member of the AAT. The answer seems to be that no you don't. As long as you have completed all of Level 4 (including any carry over units from Level 3, so Unit 22 for NVQ route and Unit 32 for Diploma route) then you will be eligible for membership. Just depends how desperately you want the certificate for Level 3.
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    something someone else has mentioned is that if you plan on going on to ACCA you will not get the full set of exemptions without passing both level 3 and 4. would suggest you call AAT and see what they say, just to be sure.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    JaffasGirl wrote: »
    something someone else has mentioned is that if you plan on going on to ACCA you will not get the full set of exemptions without passing both level 3 and 4. would suggest you call AAT and see what they say, just to be sure.

I've done a fair bit of digging around regarding exemptions and as far as I can make out you only need Level 4 to get full exemptions to ACCA and CIMA. Each level is a seperate qualification in it's own right so you shouldn't need any "earlier" qualifications. This is a quote from the ACCA website:

"TO AWARD EXEMPTION, STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING:

AAT STATEMENT OF ACHIEVEMENT, CONFIRMING COMPLETION OF TECHNICIAN STAGE

AND

AAT LEVEL 4 COMPLETION CERTIFICATE
    AAT MEMBERSHIP"

So there's no mention of Level 3
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    coojee wrote: »
    I've done a fair bit of digging around regarding exemptions and as far as I can make out you only need Level 4 to get full exemptions to ACCA and CIMA. Each level is a seperate qualification in it's own right so you shouldn't need any "earlier" qualifications. This is a quote from the ACCA website:

"TO AWARD EXEMPTION, STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING:

AAT STATEMENT OF ACHIEVEMENT, CONFIRMING COMPLETION OF TECHNICIAN STAGE

AND

AAT LEVEL 4 COMPLETION CERTIFICATE
    AAT MEMBERSHIP"

So there's no mention of Level 3
    However, if you go into the exemptions database on the ACCA website and enter AAT(the full name), it will bring up there you need Level 3 to get some of the exemptions from F1 - F3. Technician will not be enough alone to get you the exemptions from all 3 papers. At least that is what I was told by my provider and by ACCA.
Privacy Policy