MAAT Status

Options
Vics
Vics Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
Afternoon guys...

Have received my email today confirming that I am now MAAT!

I am soooooo chuffed and cant believe after 4 years of hard work i have finally achieved it. Now on to ACCA :)

thanks everyone for all their comments and tips on this forum

Comments

• jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Congratulations Vics! Did you eat all the cupcakes?
  • ali the hero
    ali the hero Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Well done :)

All the best for you on your ACCA studies
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Well done : ) I hope to follow suit after my DFS retake in Dec. Bet it's a great feeling xx
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Well done. :)
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Oh yes :)
    Now you're qualified you can step up to AAT full membership and reap the rewards of your hard work.

MAAT status brings a wealth of practical benefits and services to support you throughout your career.

Thing that's annoying me is it's asking me to pay £74, few problems with that:

A) that's the student membership fee for the yr ahead...
    B) Full membership fee is £112ish
    C) It's not letting me apply for the reduced rate for continued studying

Seems like a phone call to AAT is due Monday morning...
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    AK002 wrote: »
    Oh yes :)

Thing that's annoying me is it's asking me to pay £74, few problems with that:

A) that's the student membership fee for the yr ahead...
    B) Full membership fee is £112ish
    C) It's not letting me apply for the reduced rate for continued studying

Seems like a phone call to AAT is due Monday morning...

I didn't have to pay any extra - I filed my MAAT application online. My membership fee is due in November; however they did try and send me a paper application form for MAAT (arrived Friday) with a £35 bill!

Luckily I spoke to them on Thursday and discovered my online form hadn't been automatically processed because one element was over 6 months old - it was sorted on Thursday and my account updated on Friday when it showed that I owed £Nil.
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • AK002
    Options
    My membership is due from renewal on the first tho, however i've completed the online application form but it's still asking for a student membership amount of £74, will phone them Monday.
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    AK002 wrote: »
    My membership is due from renewal on the first tho, however i've completed the online application form but it's still asking for a student membership amount of £74, will phone them Monday.

I paid the £74 but they reimbursed me £17 i think for reduced membership for continuing to ACCA
  • AK002
    Options
    I see...

I may just pay it then...
  • lork
    lork Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Same thing happened to me a year ago, as my student membership was due for renewal around the same time I applied for full membership. I phoned them up and only paid the student rate the first year. This year is the first year I've had to pay full membership fees.
  • Vics
    Vics Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hey guys sorry been off line all weekend!

Thanks Jilt the cupcakes were fab. :)

AK002 I found that mine was doing the same thing but i received an email from AAT saying i had to pay my fees & then I would receive MAAT Status. I emailed her back and just said that i was continuing on to ACCA and was under the impression it was only £55. she sent me a form to fill our for reduced membership & that was ll i paid.
Privacy Policy