Bit off more than I can chew.....???

Options
nicki25
nicki25 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hello

I have just enrolled with Kaplan distance learning, just waiting for my text books to arrive. I have just been looking at the text books online on Kaplan engage and am now really feeling worried and scared!! Think I am going to really struggle. It is really daunting!!

I am due to sit F4 & F5 in December 2010. I am really worried that I only have 3 months to learn and revise for these two exams. Anyone who has already started, did you feel like this also?? Guess I am just hoping people felt the same way but have now got in the swing of it and finding it easy.

Anyone got any revision tips or any useful information towards these exams.

Thanks

Nicki

Comments

• Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    It is a bit daunting, I agree. I've just started on F5 last week & haven't got any text books yet, just the practice question book from the library. I'm starting on the stuff that I'm already comfortable with, like management of working capital, & just figuring out how to acheive the full marks.
    Sure we'll get there in the end, & hopefully enjoy the challenge.
    Best wishes.
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hello

I have just enrolled with Kaplan distance learning, just waiting for my text books to arrive. I have just been looking at the text books online on Kaplan engage and am now really feeling worried and scared!! Think I am going to really struggle. It is really daunting!!

I am due to sit F4 & F5 in December 2010. I am really worried that I only have 3 months to learn and revise for these two exams. Anyone who has already started, did you feel like this also?? Guess I am just hoping people felt the same way but have now got in the swing of it and finding it easy.

Anyone got any revision tips or any useful information towards these exams.

Thanks

Nicki
    I bought a F4 e-book for the 2010 exams online and have justy started working my way through it this week. So far, so good - looks to be alot of remembering of things, but also some common sense involved. Nervous as well that I only have 3 months to get this and F6 down. However, since I have had BTC in AAT, I am hoping mostof F6 will be just a brushing up on skills, but for FA09 instead.
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    sorry, but which books are you talking about? F5 etc!?! what's that?
  • nicki25
    Options
    Hello

At least it is not just me that has been daunted by all of the ACCA stuff. Really going to get my head down with it all next week. I am sure we will all get there in the end.
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    ah ok...because this is an AAT forum and I could not understand...
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hello

I am due to sit F4 & F5 in December 2010. I am really worried that I only have 3 months to learn and revise for these two exams.

Thanks

Nicki

3 months is normally. Im sitting 2 acca exams in Dec and i study with Kaplan (at college). The courses dont start till the end of sept so 3 months is fine
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I would say 3 months is fine with tuition, but homestudy could be a bit more difficult.

How many hours are you able to put into it each week?
  • Andypandy
    Options
    I'm doing about 20 hours a week - the boys all know to leave me alone & I can 'zone out' with the book. Didn't realise how much I needed that quiet time untill the exams finished.
  • nicki25
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I am hoping to do around 20-25 hours a week. Hoping this is enough as I work full time and do not get any study time. The only way I have time off is if I take my holidays. Got a week scheduled for the end of November to revise hard for the two exams.
  • bumblebee
    bumblebee Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi

I am on the same boat. I will be sitting paper F7 in Dec. Studying while working full time with family is not easy. I hardly get to reach 10 hours a week revision if i am lucky, I bettter pull my finger out!!!
  • beverly hudson
    beverly hudson Registered Posts: 95 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    You need to be disciplined with home study and be with a reputable material provider to succeed. A timetable helps for study as well.
  • Andypandy
    Options
    Just wanted to let you all know that I've found somebody on Ebay selling the Study text Ebooks for 99p!
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I am hoping to do around 20-25 hours a week. Hoping this is enough as I work full time and do not get any study time. The only way I have time off is if I take my holidays. Got a week scheduled for the end of November to revise hard for the two exams.

Wow thats a lot of hours!
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Just wanted to let you all know that I've found somebody on Ebay selling the Study text Ebooks for 99p!

I found them aswell, are they the ones finishing tomorrow...
  • Andypandy
    Options
    Yes, he seems to relist regularly though - I got mine on Saturday within 10 mins of paying.
Privacy Policy