Has anyone got correct answer but marked DNM?

Options
Siobhan Carmel
Siobhan Carmel Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
Has anyone checked their feed back and found they were given a 'Did not meet' for a section which seems almost identical in the answers to the one they wrote in the exam?

I just managed to access the feed back and found I got a DNM for DFS section 2.2. I have checked the answers and they were almost identical to what I had written! This seems incredible to me. It wasn't a numerical question either, which makes it more peculiar.

I actually passed that part of the paper, but failed on the first, otherwise I'd appeal.

Anyone else found anything similar?

Regards

Siobhan

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options

I just managed to access the feed back and found I got a DNM for DFS section 2.2. I have checked the answers and they were almost identical to what I had written! This seems incredible to me. It wasn't a numerical question either, which makes it more peculiar.

The written parts are more likely to not meet the standards as you need to be really careful how you word your answer to ensure you've covered everything. You may think that you answered the question correctly and that your answer agreed with the suggested answer but there could be subtle differences. For example, in a Level 2 paper, if you were answering a question about debtors and you talked about the sales ledger account you wouldn't get any marks as the correct account is the sales ledger CONTROL account. If you were to check your answer you may think you were correct because you'd said sales and you knew what you meant by it. The marker however, doesn't know whether you mean the control account or whether you've just got it wrong and you've talked about sales when you should be talking about debtors.

This is when a good tuition provider can make all the difference because errors like this can be ironed out during your preparation for the exams.
  • Siobhan Carmel
    Siobhan Carmel Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Coojee

Thanks for your message. It's certainly worth bearing in mind that just a few words could make all the difference. However, I've looked at model answers etc, and I got all the points they asked for. Maybe I 'mis-remembered', but it's still peculiar.

I can't afford to attend any classes, and there is no way I'm going to be able to afford any in the next year either, so I just study from the text books at home. I've passed all the technician's exams this way so far, except for this last one which I need to get. This is why I'm finding the forums really useful now. Hopefully get hints and tips for free!

Regards

Siobhan
  • oh confused one
    oh confused one Registered Posts: 128 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Coojee

Thanks for your message. It's certainly worth bearing in mind that just a few words could make all the difference. However, I've looked at model answers etc, and I got all the points they asked for. Maybe I 'mis-remembered', but it's still peculiar.

I can't afford to attend any classes, and there is no way I'm going to be able to afford any in the next year either, so I just study from the text books at home. I've passed all the technician's exams this way so far, except for this last one which I need to get. This is why I'm finding the forums really useful now. Hopefully get hints and tips for free!

Regards

Siobhan

I got the D whatsit for all three of PEV part one paper yet I KNOW I got the calcs right - daren't ask them to check it incase I too have mis-remembered. Just going to sit it again and hope - but doing it myself as like u cannot afford anymore study
  • snowmarauder
    snowmarauder Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I took ECR and pt 1 qu 2, identify other methods of stock control and their effect.

My answer, exactly the same as the assessor. So how did I get it wrong unless I wrote it in patagonian or someother obscure language.

But I do know of someone whos exam paper has been cocked up and they are now re-evaluating it. Well I passed it so Im not gonna worry about it, plus funds are short at the mo, so trying to sort some funding, one way or the other as its £950 all in for Technician. So disappointed x
Privacy Policy