Holiday pay and entitlements

Sykes66
Sykes66 Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
Here's one for you....
An employee has worked for you for 10 years. They have been hard working, loyal , covered and employee's job after they have dies and not been replaced and have never been allowed to have a holiday without the company contacting them once or twice during each holiday break (normally a holiday of a week at a time).
You decide that you need to move on to pastures new because since the member of staff died you have been loaded with another persons job and you have stayed on the same salary and you have received no perks for doing two jobs.
You find a job hand your notice in on the 28th of July giving 1 months notice.
You have accrued 5.7 days holiday up to your leave date so taking in to account the August bank holiday, are you entitled to your holiday pay of 5.7 days less the bank holiday monday and the tuesday (as this is when you start your new job?) or are you entitled to the bank holiday (monday) then take Tuesday off as holiday?

Any advice gratefully received!

Comments

• sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Sykes66 wrote: »
    You have accrued 5.7 days holiday up to your leave date so taking in to account the August bank holiday, are you entitled to your holiday pay of 5.7 days less the bank holiday monday and the tuesday (as this is when you start your new job?) or are you entitled to the bank holiday (monday) then take Tuesday off as holiday?

Any advice gratefully received!

Under working time regulations an employee is entitled to 28days holidays in a year. 28days includes 8 bank holidays

see the attached link

I don't know how you worked out 5.7 days and therefore I can not comment on bank holiday's position
  • Sykes66
    Sorry. I was told that this was from a govenment website on calculating holiday. For arguments sake lets say 5 days holiday.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Sykes66 wrote: »
    Sorry. I was told that this was from a govenment website on calculating holiday. For arguments sake lets say 5 days holiday.

In that case, as the employee will not be working on Monday and Tuesday, these 2 days will be booked as holidays.

The employee will be entitled to the full salary for the month of august plus 3.7 days holiday pay
  • Sykes66
    Thanks for the advice!
    Much appreciated
Privacy Policy