Tax Loss

Lisa Brook
Lisa Brook Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hi

Please could anyone let me know the name of the form I need to fill out to enable me to claim a first year loss 09/10 against his previous employment in 08/09. This is for a sole trader.

Many thanks

Lisa

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Tax Return?
  • Lisa Brook
    Hi

Yes I have got my tax return, completed his employment page for 09/10 how do I claim for 08/09?
    Do I fill out 08/09 Tax return and send it in separately. Can I do it on his 09/10 tax return.

Sorry I have not had to do this before I'm feeling very thick at the moment.

Lisa
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    No problem. There is a box on the 09/10 self-employment pages to carry back the loss to earlier years. State in the additional information box which year you are carrying back to. Then work out the tax refund due and put that amount in the tax reclaimed now from earlier years (or wording to that effect) in the main return.
  • Lisa Brook
    No problem. There is a box on the 09/10 self-employment pages to carry back the loss to earlier years. State in the additional information box which year you are carrying back to. Then work out the tax refund due and put that amount in the tax reclaimed now from earlier years (or wording to that effect) in the main return.
    Thank you Dean much appreciated.
Privacy Policy