What Salary should you aim for when AAT Qualified

claire~thomas
claire~thomas Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
Hi Everyone on the Forum,

I am in need of your help.

I have to put forward a proposal on what salary i should be on. My company has a idea already of what they want to pay, but i was just wondering what you guys thought.

The suituation is that i'm AAT qualified and been in finance for about 6 years and i work in the beds,herts, bucks area but cant find a concrete salary bracket ie £21k-£25k etc

What salary range do you think should i propose??

Thanks in advance for your help :o)

Claire

Comments

• beavis182
    beavis182 Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Not sure really as i guess salary varies everywhere. Im down in Devon and just got put on 23K for completing Intermediate stage and AAT Payroll and have 10 years experience. I guess i only got that because i told my employer i was going to leave. My boss had a leaflet in the post from a recruitment agent advertising similar people to what level im on and their suggested pay was between 13k-15k!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    In practice or in industry? Industry will pay more than practice.

I've heard of AAT qualifieds being paid as low as 14k in practice.

On average I see jobs ranging from £18k - £24k depending on a variety of factors.
  • claire~thomas
    claire~thomas Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Yeah i suppose location does matter..

I'm on £18k at the moment before being AAT Qualified and was looking for around the £23k mark but i dont think my company is willing to go that high.

I am in industry, i have heard that practice is very badly paid.

Thanks for your replies.
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Monsoon wrote: »
    In practice or in industry? Industry will pay more than practice.

I've heard of AAT qualifieds being paid as low as 14k in practice.

yes, this is so true!! I'm wondering why...you have the responsibility of final accounts for various companies, I would assume you get paid more for this!

In London working in practice is around £18k-25k, whilst in industry £26k +
  • exam panic
    exam panic Registered Posts: 157 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    nothing .no one have a look at my cv after sent out too many now I'm stop doing it .Very difficult to get a job at the moment ,So I really don't know what to get .
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Check out totaljobs, hays and reed.co.uk . Try searching for a position similiar to yours and search in your area....It might give you a rough idea.
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Salary ranges for AAT Qualified

Most of the recruiters' websites also give a salary range for the area for different roles. You just have to look around the sites. Pure Resourcing, if you have one, also gives salary ranges. I know for full time accounts roles in Cambridge, you could expect anywhere from £15k to up to £25k on average, unless you are in practice or possibly working for the University or other schools.
  • E Storey
    E Storey Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
    exam panic wrote: »
    nothing .no one have a look at my cv after sent out too many now I'm stop doing it .Very difficult to get a job at the moment ,So I really don't know what to get .

If your grammar on your CV is as bad as that post I'm not surprised.
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    E Storey wrote: »

Very cruel - and not really in the spirit of this forum.

:thumbdown:
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Always worth having someone skilled at writing having a look over your cv if possible. Got to get every advantage possible in the current climate.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    E Storey wrote: »
    jenny3549 wrote: »
    Very cruel - and not really in the spirit of this forum.

It probably wasn't the most tactfully phrased post, but it is true nevertheless. Hopefully everyone gets their CVs proofread for spelling, grammar, punctuation and layout, but I'm sure there are some that don't, and in that case it's worth bringing to their attention. But tactfully! ;)
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Monsoon wrote: »
    It probably wasn't the most tactfully phrased post, but it is true nevertheless. Hopefully everyone gets their CVs proofread for spelling, grammar, punctuation and layout, but I'm sure there are some that don't, and in that case it's worth bringing to their attention. But tactfully!

Exactly! I'm all for constructive criticism as it's a great help but the emphasis must be on the word constructive. I'm sure it wasn't meant to come across the way it did!

:001_smile:
Privacy Policy