Enrol Acca but??

Options
exam panic
exam panic Registered Posts: 157 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
I enrolled Acca last week but today I just look at past paper of f5 look really hard I wonder should I go ahead or not???So far all aat papers I passed first time but ACCA LOOKS NOT SO GOOD .

Comments

• Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Just go for it - the pass rate in June was only 28%, but I'm sure we have a definate advantage after passing PCR & PEV.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I'm starting on F5 in 2 weeks, good times as I absolutely hated PEV & PCR.
  • exam panic
    Options
    I found pcr easy than pev but you look at the past paper f5 some part look like A level maths and I did that very long time ago .hahha
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    If you'd looked at an AAT paper before you had studied the course then you would find that daunting too!
  • exam panic
    Options
    At least aat look normal maths not silly sign and symbol like f5 paper
  • crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 466 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hello Exam Panic,

I think it probably the same for everyone when they first look at the papers (it was the same for me) - but remember you only have to score 50+ in order to pass. When you get going into it all those maths formulas aren't really quite as bad as they first look, try buying one of these calcuators:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-FX85ES-Scientific-Calculator-Functions/dp/B000OGWIH8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1283177401&sr=8-2

It's a Casio FX-85ES - really very useful when dealing with the more complicated questions, another peice of advise is to try and not panic when you look at it all.
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    crispy wrote: Β»
    remember you only have to score 50+ in order to pass.

that's so bad, so for the remaining 50% you are incompetent? I prefer the AAT way with higher score
  • exam panic
    Options
    Londina wrote: Β»
    that's so bad, so for the remaining 50% you are incompetent? I prefer the AAT way with higher score

but I think ACCA must harder some of papers only 28% pass rate .aat 65%
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    but I think ACCA must harder some of papers only 28% pass rate .aat 65%

Of course ACCA is harder...........!
  • exam panic
    Options
    Rachey wrote: Β»

ok you
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Rachey wrote: Β»

Correct and i'd much rather the exams are harder so that when I do qualify having ACCA after my name means that i've put a lot of hard work and commitment into my studying, not just turned up on exam day and sat the exam.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    AK002 wrote: Β»
    Correct and i'd much rather the exams are harder so that when I do qualify having ACCA after my name means that i've put a lot of hard work and commitment into my studying, not just turned up on exam day and sat the exam.

I never feel that way right before an exam! But I agree :D

The exams are just so BIG, on the P1 exam I used 21 pages!!! A lot weren't filled but even so, I'd not use half that much in an AAT exam that gives you exactly the same amount of time to do it.
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Londina wrote: Β»

Try sitting an ACCA paper and you'll change your mind about 50% being a low pass rate!

ACCA exams are far more demanding than an AAT exam. To give an example, when I was sitting my AAT exams, it was common for students to be leaving the exam, having completed it, and checked their answers within less than 2 hours.

With an ACCA exam you are writing until the supervisor informs you that allowed time has finished. Many students don't even complete the exam due to the sheer pressure, and detailed answers required.

I have so far passed all 4 of the ACCA exams I have taken, (all first time passes), with an average score of 72%. I feel far more proud of myself for achieving this, than when I gained my full AAT membership.

I am in no way belittling the AAT qualification with these comments, as it gave me a good grounding for ACCA, and has also helped me career wise.
  • Andypandy
    Options
    I've been reading everthing I can lay my hands on for F5 for the past 2-3 weeks, & have finally managed to answer a practice question today with 22/25 marks (although it was very PEVish) & feel like singing! All of the jargon is a pain, but keep on at it & you'll progress, I'm sure:)
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I've been reading everthing I can lay my hands on for F5 for the past 2-3 weeks, & have finally managed to answer a practice question today with 22/25 marks (although it was very PEVish) & feel like singing! All of the jargon is a pain, but keep on at it & you'll progress, I'm sure:)

Well done - 22/25 is good for an ACCA exam question!

Have you checked the ACCA website? Because F5 was a paper that students struggled with, ACCA have provided a lot of help and support, which has been reflected in an improved pass rate.

They are about to start the same for F7, as only 28% of students passed at the last sitting.

Edit: here is a link to acca website http://www.accaglobal.com/students/acca/paperf5/
  • Andypandy
    Options
    Thankyou Richard - TBH, that's the one place I haven't looked at yet, other than for the syllabus etc :)
Privacy Policy