ECR NVQ - Exam quandry

Options
anniebabe
anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi Guys
I am starting my Unit 6 ECR NVQ Unit in September and have never done a computer exam before (FRA was paper based). My teacher says that I am doing the CBE after only 7 weeks of starting the Unit. I see that there are dates for exams in December and I am convinced that I could take paper based exam, I understand that I would have to wait longer for results and that if I fail would have to wait till June to resit - noting that there are also June dates on the web site. or would I be able to take a CBE if I failed the paper exam? anyone know the answer? not really looking forward to a computer exam - we didnt even get a go at doing a mock for the FRA.
Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    Have you been told officially that you would be allowed to take the paper exams?
    As far as I am aware students starting intermediate now must take computer based exams.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Morning - I am not just starting - Unit 5 and 7 done, I am doing Unit 6 - NVQ route with a simulation and exam, have till June to finish it, then if I want can do Level 4 but on the new route. There is a note at the bottom of the exam timetable

Please note that a revised qualification is being introduced on 1 July 2010 and that this timetable only applies to the current NVQ and Diploma Pathways.
    All papers are 3 hours (plus 15 minutes reading time).
    The morning sessions normally start at 0930hrs and the afternoon sessions at 1400hrs.

Just wondering if I could take a paper exam and then if I failed do a CBE as a last resort - dont really want to do a CBE at the moment.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Yes, you can re take by CBE if you fail the paper based exam.
  • anniebabe
    Options
    thats great - thanks for posting an answer. :)
Privacy Policy