Award Ceremony

Options
welshboy
welshboy Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor โญ
Has anyone received the letter yet for these events?

Comments

• tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Has anyone received the letter yet for these events?
    not yet - they told me that it takes several weeks to even get the final certificates to you because your full membership has to be validated by the membership department. I imagine it will all come at once this month.
  • welshboy
    welshboy Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I Qualified in February I have been MAAT for 6 months so thought I would have been contacted
  • tigger37
    Options
    I Qualified in February I have been MAAT for 6 months so thought I would have been contacted
    Not 100% sure here, but I thought there were only 2 ceremonies a year - in October and November. YOu could always give them a call?
  • acc1077
    acc1077 Registered Posts: 138 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    In the current edition of Accounting Technician Sept/Oct page 11 it lists 5 dates and locations also saying to find out more visit aat.org.uk/awardceremonies or contact Membership Development by emailing awardceremonies@aat.org.uk or call 08458630799.
    Hope this helps
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    The deadline for all those eligible to attend the 2010 ceremonies is 14 September. By then you must been elected to AAT full or fellow membership. All those eligible to attend will receive thier booking forms to complete and return to the AAT around 17 September.

what's happen if I receive my results after 14 September (say a week later), can I still attend? otherwise do I have to wait next year? :-/
  • tigger37
    Options
    Awards Ceremoney

I got my certificates in the post and along with that, a letter stating that the invitations for the award ceremonies would be going out by 17th September.
  • Londina
    Options
    mmm basically I got the feeling that I will miss this event...again... :-(
  • Vics
    Vics Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi guys
    I too am waiting for my letter on the 17th for my invitation as I have just become MAAT. Very excited.... sad I know :)
    Just a silly question but I was wondering whether any one has already been to one of these events & exactly what to expect?
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Has anyone whose recently qualified got their certificate yet? I got my member certificate straight away but havent had my level 4 certificate yet?
  • Vics
    Options
    I've received both. i received my level 4 certificate literally like a week after the exams & then received my member certificate a week or so later.
  • Londina
    Options
    my provider is taking ages to send me additional question for Unit 32, this is the very last unit and it is stopping me to become fully qualified and attend the event!!gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i am with BPP and am also waiting for additional questions from them Grrr
  • tigger37
    Options
    Vics wrote: ยป
    I've received both. i received my level 4 certificate literally like a week after the exams & then received my member certificate a week or so later.
    I got both of mine in the same envelope just this week :)
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I got both of mine in the same envelope just this week :)
    Same here, both this week in the same envelope and the next day a booklet with all CPD options in it.
  • Jem22
    Jem22 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I have received my invite today but it does not really tell you about the evening. Has anyone been before?
  • tigger37
    Options
    Award Ceremony

I just got my invite today. Unfortunatley, I just started a new job today and don't get off until 5:15. There's no way I will be able to get to London in time and don't feel comfortable asking for time off to go.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    Hi all. just to let you know.

Although it isn't quite the same you can still go to the event next year if you don't get all your stuff in time. I did it as I missed out as I didn't even realise there was an event!

You arrive at the evening and have the opportunity to have your photo done with the gown and a certificate although you can do this later.

There's a bit of mingling before you go into the awards ceremony itself. There are some speeches from various people including the president of the AAT and others.

The awards them-self then take place.

Then there is a buffet and you get the chance to mix with others and find out about their achievements.

That's pretty much the evening. I went to Bristol and I assume that others follow a similar procedure.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Vics
    Options
    I got my invite yesterday and am sending it off today :)
    any one else going to the Birmingham venue?
  • Frankie1976
    Frankie1976 Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I got my invite yesterday, I think I will attend the London one if I can get time off work.
  • Miss_HJ
    Miss_HJ Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    i sent back my application last fri, and the money was taken from my account Tuesday, stating London AAT.

I've called this morning and AAT confirm I am booked on for the London one!

If anyone else has sent it back it may be worth checking bank accounts to see if you have been given a space!
Privacy Policy