Aat level 3

Options
Susan Dennis
Susan Dennis Registered Posts: 14 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
I wonder if anybody can help me, I enrolled with HLC to do the above subject. The study books are full of errors and the tutor support non existent. Could anybody recommend any books to get me through the exams as i will not get far i know with HLC. Many thanks. Sue

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I'm sorry you're having problems with HLC, there've been a fair few threads about them over the last year or so. You're not alone.

The Osborne books are very good.
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Sue,

I know the feeling - I did level three with HLC too! Thankfully have just started level 4 with Kaplan - it's got to be better!

I bought the Kaplan books for FRA and ECR and found them great. They definitely helped me. You can buy them from Kaplan or they are available on Amazon.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I agree with Coojee. The Osborne books are very good. BPP and Kaplan also have quite a good name with regards to their books.

Also have a look at the online materials on the AAT site, there is quite some "free" material available for help.

The forums are also a great help for specific questions, so that might help as well.
  • Susan Dennis
    Options
    AAT Level 3

Hi Guys
    Thanks for your replies, will look on Amazon tonight. I really cannot understand why HLC are getting away with their appalling service, I did complain to them, but they turned nasty, am finding it hard to get my head around unit 5, there again the books from HLC were not very good which kind of confuses you. Thanks for your kind replys. Sue
  • coojee
    Options
    Hi Guys
    Thanks for your replies, will look on Amazon tonight. I really cannot understand why HLC are getting away with their appalling service, I did complain to them, but they turned nasty, am finding it hard to get my head around unit 5, there again the books from HLC were not very good which kind of confuses you. Thanks for your kind replys. Sue

Have you tried complaining to the AAT? They're the ones who approve training centres to be able to offer AAT courses. If enough people complain about them they should do something about it and withdraw their status.
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I have to agree that the Osbourne books have been excellent so far. Also, the Frank Woods books can give you a different perspective of some of the topics which can kick start you if your struggling with the Osbourne books..
  • deborahcarpenter
    deborahcarpenter Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    i have just completed level 3 with HLC, i agree the books are full of errors and the tutor support is rubbish!! I have just enrolled at my local college to do level 4. They are only 5 minutes away from my home and nearly ยฃ2000 cheaper than HLC!!! I bought the Osbourne books for Level 3 as the HLC books where not very good. The Osbourne books are great and would really recommend them.
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hey Deb,

Told you this forum was lovely!

Jenny

:thumbup:
  • Susan Dennis
    Options
    AAT Level 3

Hi Guys
    Thanks for all replies, has any body used BBP books for level 3. I have sent a letter of complaint to AAT about HLC, apparently this shoddy service as been going on for quite a few years, don't know how they are getting away with it.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
  • coojee
    Options
    Hi Guys
    Thanks for all replies, has any body used BBP books for level 3. I have sent a letter of complaint to AAT about HLC, apparently this shoddy service as been going on for quite a few years, don't know how they are getting away with it.

It would be interesting to see what the AAT have to say about them. Would you mind updating us when you hear back from them?
  • Susan Dennis
    Options
    Well I don't think they will bother, included in the HLC's fees are a years membership with the AAT, so if HLC have got a 1,000 students, thats a good money spinner for AAT.

• emma123
    emma123 Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Look at Sandy's blogs too. They're very helpful :)
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi Guys

I used the BPP books for level 3 and swapped over to the Osbourne books for level 4. I found the Osbourne books are easier to understand and had less errors in the examples and questions. However that's a personal opinion!
  • deborahcarpenter
    deborahcarpenter Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hey Deb,

Told you this forum was lovely!

Jenny

:thumbup:

Hey Jenny,

Long time no message!!!!!
  • coojee
    Options
    Well I don't think they will bother, included in the HLC's fees are a years membership with the AAT, so if HLC have got a 1,000 students, thats a good money spinner for AAT.

But if HLC didn't provide AAT courses those 1000 students would just study elsewhere so AAT would still get their money. I'm sure that there can't be any prospective students who would say unless I can study AAT with the HLC then I'm not going to study it. The only money the AAT make out of HLC is their annual registration fee, not sure how much this but I think it's only a couple of hundred quid.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    To add to coojee. The fee paid to AAT for your membership is yours, it does not mean you are tied to who ever took the money from you.
    If you paid HLC a fee which includes your AAT membership fee, that is yours. You could change college and would not have to pay it again. HLC merely collect it from you and pay it onto AAT.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Susan Dennis
    Options
    I understand what you are saying. But many students have been totally ripped off by HLC, and complaints put into the AAT about there shoddy study books, and still AAT are letting them be accredited by them, and i know for a fact this has been going on for a number of years. So these distance learning providers cannot be monitered by AAT.
  • coojee
    Options
    I understand what you are saying. But many students have been totally ripped off by HLC, and complaints put into the AAT about there shoddy study books, and still AAT are letting them be accredited by them, and i know for a fact this has been going on for a number of years. So these distance learning providers cannot be monitered by AAT.

Distance learning providers are monitored so one would assume that HLC are too. It's a complete mystery to most people who've come across HLC why the AAT still continue to accredit them.
Privacy Policy