supervisor for simulations ?

Options
jurga79
jurga79 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
I am doing level 3 by distance learning with Premier Training and to do the simulations you are supposed to get someone to supervise you. I have tried 2 libraries been told they not doing it as council not paying for it. Tried learning centre and they never heard about it so said no as well. Anybody had the save problem? What did you do?

Comments

• zhulme
    zhulme Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Are there any premier training centres near you? i am doing a distance learning with kaplan and have to go to one of their centres to actually do the skills tests its a joke though cause when your at college you get your exam marked and handed back to amend, but when you do it via home study you just hand it in and thats it.
  • jurga79
    Options
    i wish they had a centre near me.they only have 1 centre which is hundreds miles from where i live. i really don't know what to do
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    i wish they had a centre near me.they only have 1 centre which is hundreds miles from where i live. i really don't know what to do

Do you not work?

The idea is that you sit the exam at work and your line manager acts as supervisor. That's how eagle do it anyway - suppose it can be any other place as well. Have premier not said how to do it?

Martin
  • suej
    suej Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I've just attempted my Unit 15 simulation by distance learning with kaplan. My boss was my supervisor so Kaplan sent the simulation to him and then he sent it back to them with a form stating that it was all my own work etc.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I am with Premier Training and I sat my Skills Tests for Intermediate at work and my Boss was my Supervisor for them.
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I did my sims for intermediate at Kaplan in GLasgow, I am doing technician level with Eagle. As I work on my own in the office I had asked Kaplan at the time if I could do them in my office with the site agent signing them off as being all my own work etc. THis was not allowed as he would not be in the office with me the whole time and he is not an accountant.

What I have arranged for the sims at Technician level is to do them at my parent's next door neighbour's house as she is a Chartered accountant. Apparently you can do this as long as the other person is not a friend of yours and they hold a proffessional qualification.
  • jurga79
    Options
    I am working but my job has nothing to do with accountancy so I'm sure they wouldn't let me to do it at work.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    The simulations are about 4 hours if I remember correct. Would your HR department not be happy to supervise this, if you do it in your own time? Aka take half a day off and sit the simulation at work in that time.
Privacy Policy